Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX investor's thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow - are you saying Sharespost has SpaceX shares? I'm a Sharespost investor (both accredited investor and qualified purchaser). I've been begging them for months and they say they haven't had any shares. How did you get this opportunity?

I would sell my children for some SpaceX shares, except that I don't have any children. I'd be curious for any info you can share!

Could I option you my children? Just kidding, for sure...

Well, I think I was able to make it work. The rules have some wiggle room. If anyone has a question feel free to DM me. From what I understand the fund is 3/4th full as of now.

SpaceX in Talks for New Funds and $92 Billion Valuation: Report - Bloomberg

Based on the article above, Nocturnal you may have just doubled your investment immediately... I really wanted to invest in Sharespost's current offering which may or may not have closed already, but this is suppose to be the craziest week for tesla and so I used up all my funds on tsla bets. Maybe I should just sell my tsla for spacex...

SpaceX in Talks for New Funds and $92 Billion Valuation: Report - Bloomberg

Based on the article above, Nocturnal you may have just doubled your investment immediately... I really wanted to invest in Sharespost's current offering which may or may not have closed already, but this is suppose to be the craziest week for tesla and so I used up all my funds on tsla bets. Maybe I should just sell my tsla for spacex...
I was forced to sell a bit of my Tesla shares to fund my investment. I would say bad timing but those shares already had a crazy run so I can’t complain.

I'm in through a fund as of now but I'd be interested in potentially buying more in the near term. What's the high level plan?
Same - I've not corresponded with Ben, but I am invested through Sharespost and would be interested in more depending on terms.

Not to derail the conversation from specific terms and your request - but are you both saying you'd be willing to buy at the $92B valuation we've heard about? Curious if you have a certain price or valuation target in a mental model that you'd be willing to share!

Not to derail the conversation from specific terms and your request - but are you both saying you'd be willing to buy at the $92B valuation we've heard about? Curious if you have a certain price or valuation target in a mental model that you'd be willing to share!

Elon tweets “this is incorrect” in response to Teslarati article titled “SpaceX looks to double its valuation as Starlink and Starship programs accelerate”

https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1339431094274433024

Sounds like some are going to try to poach Starlink’s business...

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

and

Satellite-to-smartphone broadband company AST & Science to go public through a SPAC

That spac sounds kinda interesting - would work on any phone without other hardware, but that blurb about extremely large satellites causing high risk of debris producing collision doesn’t sound promising.

I predict zero people at SpaceX are losing sleep over the possibility of the EU competing with them. Especially as all they've done right now is authorized money to pay for a study.

How the heck is AST going to deliver broadband direct to unmodified smartphones from 700 km orbits?

Re. Collisions and size: Texas satellite company defends itself against NASA criticisms
“Ars” said:
Each of the satellites will include a large antenna, comprising an area as large as 900 meters squared. However, Avellan said the satellites will fly edge-on, "like a frisbee, but without the spinning." He said the satellites' cross-section along the direction of motion is only about 3 meters squared. The company has calculated that the probability of a collision occurring at random—assuming no avoidance maneuver—to be only about 1-in-5,000 over its lifetime, or 1-in-20 across the entire constellation.

How the heck is AST going to deliver broadband direct to unmodified smartphones from 700 km orbits?
Massive antennas beaming down 5G I guess (*waves hands*). They are partnering with Vodafone to begin with.

Same - I've not corresponded with Ben, but I am invested through Sharespost and would be interested in more depending on terms.

I requested to buy shares on Sharespost in the summer, but I never heard back, even though my offer is marked as "reviewed" now. Of course, they seem to want to do business by calling you, seems very boomerish.

Anyway, I'm interesting in getting in if there's still an allocation open and the terms are decent.

I'm not sure I'd be looking to come in at $92B, but I would if it were closer to the last round, which was $44.2B. My first purchase was at a value of $36.2B.

I'm not sure I'd be looking to come in at $92B, but I would if it were closer to the last round, which was $44.2B. My first purchase was at a value of $36.2B.

wondering if you have been invited to buy proportionately more in subsequent rounds to the one your shares came from (“pro rata” if I’ve picked up the lingo correctly)?