Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Specific TACC observation on 28.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 28.2, TACC seems to react to stopped traffic much further in the distance than it previously did. It results in a more natural and gradual deceleration as the car approaches a stationary vehicle.

Has anyone else observed this on 28.2, or are you still seeing abrupt braking when you approach stationary vehicles?

Reactions: TiggerTime
On 28.2, TACC seems to react to stopped traffic much further in the distance than it previously did. It results in a more natural and gradual deceleration as the car approaches a stationary vehicle.

Has anyone else observed this on 28.2, or are you still seeing abrupt braking when you approach stationary vehicles?
I got a little nervousness the other day at 1 light. But after 5 days of having it, that was the only time. So possibly lessened.

• Informative
Reactions: silenteski
There are two intersections where I've had to take over to avoid collision. The braking distance would not have been enough without incident. I'm not going to find out the hard way either. That was with 24.4 and anything previous. 28.2 loaded yesterday but I've not been back to the same two intersections but will report back if I am less nervous. One is a light just around a slight bend to the right at 45 MPH where the camera and driver can't see the light until well into the turn. The other is a slight bend to the left at 45 MPH, the camera and driver can't see ahead of the curve when the oncoming traffic lane is full of cars. In each case the car maintains speed until I give in. Anyone finding similar?

Maybe where you are. What about those in the southern hemisphere or at height or very high latitudes?
As the poster who raised the winter warning was in Florida....
I wasn’t aware that height affected seasons :D

But to the point, the OP was specifically calling out improved braking distances and not abrupt braking which makes the point moot.