Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speculate - next feature/improvement for AP2 after "silky smooth" and when?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think they will merge it. they could theoretically. in theory the current software could be AP2's original parity AP for those who paid for AP1 but got a ap2 car. We forget that there are those who didn't pay for EAP but are using the current software which is currently called "EAP".

So yes in theory they can use only the FSD and divide it between highway and city driving. Where ppl who paid for ap1 but got ap2 cars will use the current legacy eap software (which is ap1 parity) while ppl who paid for eap will use the FSD but its limited to highway only and when its activated outside of mapped divided highway, would fallback to legacy eap software. Then fsd payers would get to use the full fsd code without limits (city and highway).

Yes I agree with what you are saying. Eventually all Tesla AP2 cars will be on the same FSD code base, similar to shown in video and for coast to coast demo. But the ones who did not pay for FSD will just be software locked.

Yes I agree with what you are saying. Eventually all Tesla AP2 cars will be on the same FSD code base, similar to shown in video and for coast to coast demo. But the ones who did not pay for FSD will just be software locked.

But like i said and just want to restate. i don't think they will merge it aka use FSD code base for EAP features. Even though i believe its the best course of action. During one of elon's rants, when electrek asked elon if everyone will get an update to be able to do coast-to-coast drive aswell, elon never responded.

That leads me to believe that they won't use the FSD codebase or even parts of it.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Last edited:
But like i said and just want to restate. i don't think they will merge it aka use FSD code base for EAP features. Even though i believe its the best course of action. During one of elon's rants, when electrek asked elon if everyone will get an update to be able to do coast-to-coast drive aswell, elon never responded.

That leads me to believe that they won't use the FSD codebase or even parts of it.

Elon Musk on Twitter

Yea I remember that...

But I don't understand what you are saying. Tesla/Elon's plan is too eventually bring that coast to coast functionality to all Teslas, and they will almost certainly use many parts of the codebase they use in that demo. It may be a long ways off though before Tesla starts pushing parts of that code to the fleet, and thats why Elon wouldn't respond.