Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sportier ride for the MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m trying to get a sportier feel to my 2019 MX (Raven) LR FSD 20” wheels. The instant acceleration helps of course but looking at other settings. Here is what I have:

Acceleration: standard (not a perf model)
Steering: sport
Suspension: sport
Suspension height: always low
Regen braking: low

I like road feel. On standard suspension i feel like it is too soft and on standard suspension height I feel like it is almost like truck height.

Anyone else set it like this? Any problems with it? Any other recommendations to make the MX more sporty?

I think Regen Standard feels more “sporty” to me. Much less foot action required to slow down. Steering sport really slows things down IMO, very stiff. Standard or Comfort is much more responsive with less effort.
Going to play with these settings again. In the first few weeks regen low and creep on was to help us transition to the new style of driving. We’ve only had ICE so far no hybrids.

Going to play with these settings again. In the first few weeks regen low and creep on was to help us transition to the new style of driving. We’ve only had ICE so far no hybrids.

Time to rip off the band-aid. Regen normal, creep mode off. Get used to the regen braking and you can drive your X quicker (unless charge is over 90%). Set ride height to low. The big old X feels much sporter than my 2016 BMW X3 with sport package.

• Love
Reactions: Big Earl and P85_DA
Be advised, the change in camber is going to cause your tires to wear unevenly and they will need to be replaced much sooner than with the height set on standard. There are threads about this if you want to search.
If you want to ride In lowest setting majority of the time, could you just get a new 4 wheel alignment in that setting to avoid the abnormal tire wear?

Time to rip off the band-aid. Regen normal, creep mode off. Get used to the regen braking and you can drive your X quicker (unless charge is over 90%). Set ride height to low. The big old X feels much sporter than my 2016 BMW X3 with sport package.
Confirming. Regen set to standard, creep off, steering comfort, suspension always low. Rides awesome. The comfort steering just makes the turning of the wheel less stiff and is actually better less stiff. Feels like turning the steering wheel and feeling the acceleration is almost instant.

• Love
Reactions: jboy210
Maybe to replace our other car :)

That would be awesome! Best of ALL worlds! ;)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Big Earl
It is more that it puts the car lower to the ground, so it corners better.
I have 2 reasons for liking the suspension lower.
1) doesn’t feel like I’m driving a truck, feels more like a car
2) any car of mine that’s closer to the ground feels faster at the same acceleration rate

For that last point, I imagine lying down on a skateboard and rolling downhill would feel SUPER fast