Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify Bugs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For months now I have been unable to use Spotify on the Tesla Account.
This started happening last year after a software upgrade.
I have contacted my local Tesla dealer and they just say that it is a widespread well known problem and there is nothing they can do about it.
What do we have to do to get these bugs fixed?

Reactions: Daemon
Same here. A reboot. Are you able to use Spotify with your own account? I have noticed that putting my own login resets Spotify (even if it does not use my account). The implementation of Spotify requires connectivity. Don't attempt to use it without a connection or you will likely cause the MCU to hang. You will then need another reboot (which can delay mobile connectivity again).

A recent update seems to have made Spotify more stable in poor connectivity situations.

I need to test this hypothesis more, but it looks like I only get this issue when the car switches from LTE to WiFi or WiFi to LTE. As said above, an MCU reset fixes the issue once I'm away from WiFi.

I got this issue when the 2018.50.6 update came. Rebooted several times, no dice. Spotify would not log in no matter what.
So next time I got the "unable to log in" error I pressed the voice-command button and reported a bug. This sends some diagnostic data and screenshots to Tesla services. Two days later, I logged in to Spotify without issues, and has been working ever since :)

just for the record, no idea if me reporting the bug and being able to use spotify are related in any way...

The Tesla agents report that it is a widespread problem and the "the engineers are working on it" but this has been going on for months now.
Yes we've all heard the same thing since October 2018, I don't think they know how to fix it 100%.
For me I've found 2018.50.6 to be a little bit hit and miss with Spotify, it's walking on thin ice between working and not working. Many times I just get the spinning circle like it is trying to buffer the song and nothing ever happens, other times it works ok.
I initially had to log back in with 2018.50.6 (personal account), it worked perfectly for a week then little issues started to appear, but at least now it doesn't totally lock up the MCU like previous versions.
As someone else suggested it does appear to be linked to WiFi > LTE hand over messing things up, but once it gets messed up it seems to stay that way. Unfortunately this is probably pretty low down on the Tesla bug fix list given it's been an issue since October and we are all still having issues.