Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model 3 owners getting more than they ever could have hoped for

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best of luck.

5b32a5eb9e2c30000ba2c497-thumb-640.jpg

I'd bet the SR+ is a limited MR. The electronic parts list initially said the drive motors were for the 75, 62, and 50 kWh versions, which suggests that as of a few months ago they expected to have the physical sizes, and now we have a fourth range in the middle of the lower pair.

Based on the weight, if there is any software locking going on it is between the SR and SR+, not the SR+ and MR.

Reactions: Zoomit
Based on the weight, if there is any software locking going on it is between the SR and SR+, not the SR+ and MR.

I agree. This would mean that the SR has the same battery pack than the SR+

90% charge on a SR = 198 miles.
90% charge on a SR+ = 216 miles.

If software locked a 100% charge on a SR would put the battery at 91.6% which would be fine I guess unless Tesla doesn't want to support it officially and keeps showing up the warning that you should not charge to 100%.

Reactions: RBowen
I was close to placing an order until I took a closer look at the AP/FSD pricing. I was happy with the feature set that EAP provided for $5K but I don’t like the limited feature set of the $3K AP and I don’t want to spend $8K for FSD. So I’m going to keep thinking about it.

I have to admit if I didn’t care at all about AP/FSD features, the $37K or $40K models look very attractive, especially after tax credits. But what fun is a Tesla without those features?
If you keep thinking you may lose another $1875. NoA is nice but improves the highway experience very little. Self parking and summon are seldom used frills. Order the car now. The best buy is the LR RWD.

Reactions: APotatoGod
Do I see this right that the only differences between "standard plus" and "premium" are heated rear seats, software options and things that require what used to be called "premium connectivity" (music streaming, satellite map, traffic data)? Will "premium" owners still have to pay for "premium connectivity" after the first year as announced earlier?
And a range increase