Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Model Y 7 seater waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This waiting room is very quite these days! so I brought a news. My SA just emailed me:

"We’ve just received noticed that the Model Y 7 seater SR will be produced, but the bulk of them will be built in the month of April.
I hope to know an exact delivery timeframe for you near mid-April."

I was going through the Teslike MY Survey spreadsheet and realized only LR orders have been receiving VINs recently. I actually saw MY SR 5seaters with new console in Vancouver inventory last Saturday, so I visited a showroom to decide whether to keep waiting for 7 seat or just downgrade to 5 seat and receive the car right away. There, I was told by a SA that he can guarantee that I will receive mine sometime this month, so I walked away. Today, my SA says that it will be mid-April, another month away. My SA always avoided to say anything about delivery timeframe since he doesn't want to be responsible for what he says, so I think this information is trustworthy.

BTW, the 5 seater I was interested was taken by next day I visited the showroom in Richmond, BC. Now I don't have a choice but to wait :(

• Informative
Reactions: Fred42
This waiting room is very quite these days! so I brought a news. My SA just emailed me:

"We’ve just received noticed that the Model Y 7 seater SR will be produced, but the bulk of them will be built in the month of April.

I was going through the Teslike MY Survey spreadsheet and realized only LR orders have been receiving VINs recently. I actually saw MY SR 5seaters with new console in Vancouver inventory last Saturday, so I visited a showroom to decide whether to keep waiting for 7 seat or just downgrade to 5 seat and receive the car right away. There, I was told by a SA that he can guarantee that I will receive mine sometime this month, so I walked away. Today, my SA says that it will be mid-April, another month away. My SA always avoided to say anything about delivery timeframe since he doesn't want to be responsible for what he says, so I think this information is trustworthy.

BTW, the 5 seater I was interested was taken by next day I visited the showroom in Richmond, BC. Now I don't have a choice but to wait :(
What is the first name of your SA in Vancouver? I'd like to confirm this through mine too. Thanks!

I'll join in here I originally was assigned a car but was out of town laying my father to rest and couldn't take delivery so unfortunately they retracted VIN, released the car to someone else and now I'm back in queque waiting.
SR
DBM
19" gemini wheels
Black Interior
7 seater
No Hitch
South Florida

I'll join in here I originally was assigned a car but was out of town laying my father to rest and couldn't take delivery so unfortunately they retracted VIN, released the car to someone else and now I'm back in queque waiting.
SR
DBM
19" gemini wheels
Black Interior
7 seater
No Hitch
South Florida
Oh I forgot to add
Order Date 2/10/21
Delivery appt 3/2/21 cancelled 3/5/21
Now just patiently waiting for a new delivery date or to be matched with a new VIN

Going on 8 weeks still no VIN, called SA ( Tesla Brea Mall location) 2 days ago he keeps saying " Good news is coming soon" & that I should get my car before the end of this month.Keeping my fingers crossed!

Order Date 1/21/21
Original delivery date range : Feb 24-Mar 3
White/Black
SR
7S
Hitch

Loving all of the good news here. Still waiting on a 2/8 order. MY SR, 7s, white ext, black int, 20”. Socal.

Was considering adding the tow hitch, but will just wait for the CT to meet that need. I still think the MY SR is the best value Tesla being offered these days. But I’m sure you all know that.

And, the longer we all wait, the better chance we have at potentially gaining access to whatever federal tax credit may be coming. And of course, the better chance we have for inflation to explode and make our $43,000 purchase the equivalent of a loaf of bread :)

Mid-April 😭😭😭 I’m hoping your SA gave you an extended time frame so that when it comes earlier (end of March), you’re not expecting it. Wishful thinking!

Reactions: skhl201
I did have an order before this one. Which was a MY LR but I decided to go with the Sr 7 seats. Being transported from St. Louis for 2k. That would be nice if I can get the delivery fee waived.
Damn you found an SR with 7 seats in St. Louis? I literally just went to take delivery of a 7 seat SR in St. Louis yesterday and couldn't because it required an entire pack replacement and possibly other issues. When did you buy this and care to share the last 6 digits of the VIN?

Last edited:
That is the one It's even on the google sheets document. I was super bummed I ordered it 01/10/21 and sold my Model 3 last Sunday. Went to take delivery and they said it needed an entire battery pack replacement. They weren't sure when they could get a new battery and basically advised me against it. They said they had never seen one come in with a bad battery. I am sure they will fix it and it will be fine!

That is the one It's even on the google sheets document. I was super bummed I ordered it 01/10/21 and sold my Model 3 last Sunday. Went to take delivery and they said it needed an entire battery pack replacement. They weren't sure when they could get a new battery and basically advised me against it. They said they had never seen one come in with a bad battery. I am sure they will fix it and it will be fine!
Oh wow no way! How unfortunate, sorry to hear that. I wasn’t told any of this. My expected delivery shows as next week? How was the overall condition of the vehicle , did you get to take a look?