Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First? I just took delivery! Base 35K. Just got an SR+ that will be software locked soon. No autopilot for free. Nice interior!

Attachments

• IMG_20190413_162041.jpg
    IMG_20190413_162041.jpg
    812.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20190413_162141.jpg
    IMG_20190413_162141.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 136
I’m helping a friend buy an SR. I spoke with sales reps at both Fashion Island and Costa Mesa who confirmed that AP is not included in the $35K price and Tesla is not going to honor the pricing for those orders where it showed as included. It was a typo. They told me that AP added to an SR is $3K at delivery, $4K post purchase. This surprised me as I thought it would be $2K on delivery but apparently not, since somebody else just posted a few minutes ago the same pricing information. This makes the pricing on the SR+ vs SR seem a little more in line.

SR will disable the Enhanced audio software setting, disable the front heated seats, and lock 20 miles of battery. Otherwise it’s the same car as the SR+.

I’m helping a friend buy an SR. I spoke with sales reps at both Fashion Island and Costa Mesa who confirmed that AP is not included in the $35K price and Tesla is not going to honor the pricing for those orders where it showed as included. It was a typo. They told me that AP added to an SR is $3K at delivery, $4K post purchase. This surprised me as I thought it would be $2K on delivery but apparently not, since somebody else just posted a few minutes ago the same pricing information. This makes the pricing on the SR+ vs SR seem a little more in line.

SR will disable the Enhanced audio software setting, disable the front heated seats, and lock 20 miles of battery. Otherwise it’s the same car as the SR+.
makes sense. I'm going to ask but not throw a fit if they charge me the 3k for autopilot. The car still comes out to $500 less than what I was about to pay with some added features.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
I also just found a price increase on my account after getting an email with an order agreement showing no increase for AP. Emailed my POC at my store, hoping to hear back on Monday before my scheduled pickup on Friday. Can't take AP off again via online configurator.

Reactions: finally_adult
So, everyone else placing new orders is getting autopilot bundled for $2k and those who waited 3 years for a car do not? We'll see I guess.
I think even with 3k autopilot us SR folks are getting an incredible deal that won't be available for much longer.

Edit: that being said...all this confusion is annoying as hell lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott7 and MP3Mike
The price of all Model 3s other than SR went up $2K to reflect the addition of AP as standard. Tesla is discounting the option from $3K to $2K since they are bundling it and trying to make the bundling more attractive by offering a $1K discount.

Since SR does not require AP to be bundled they are not discounting AP on it, so the $3K option price remains unchanged. The way I interpret this is that they are honoring their word to sell a Model 3 for $35K, but they are not going out of their way to make it financially attractive once you want to add AP back in, so that in the end you will just step up to the SR+. If you don’t want or need AP, the $35K SR deal is still a great price. At $38K for SR + AP, it’s a good price, but no longer a smoking deal.

The price of all Model 3s other than SR went up $2K to reflect the addition of AP as standard. Tesla is discounting the option from $3K to $2K since they are bundling it and trying to make the bundling more attractive by offering a $1K discount.

It's in another thread, but it seems (based on consensus) that the base price of the LR RWD went up from $44,500 to $45,500 when it was taken off the menu.

With Autopilot added, I was told that the LR RWD still starts at $47,500, the same price as before the Thursday announcement.

It's in another thread, but it seems (based on consensus) that the base price of the LR RWD went up from $44,500 to $45,500 when it was taken off the menu.

With Autopilot added, I was told that the LR RWD still starts at $47,500, the same price as before the Thursday announcement.

If that is accurate it would seem Tesla is trying to make the LR RWD as unattractive as possible. I just took delivery of mine three weeks ago at $43K. I had no interest in AP so I did not purchase it. So in three weeks the price of my car has gone up $2,500. I guess these cars really do appreciate.

Power seats and steering wheel adjust included I assume?

Did they tell you specifically what will be software locked?

Well, no. The guy on the phone this morning just told me they would give me an SR+ and try to software limit it later. I was pleasantly surprised by the power steering wheel and seat adjustments, "premium" seat material, and wood grain on the dash since I had resigned myself to a cheaper interior. Even the glass roof originally was not part of the base build. Autopilot would have been nice to have, but I'm not crazy in to it, so I'm a pretty satisfied customer for the price, despite sacrificing part of the original tax credits and having to wait for three years! (My biggest disappointment was paying $1K delivery for a car that I had to drive to pick up myself. What? Do other car companies do that?)

Maybe autopilot is temporarily enabled on my car now, but I don't even remember how to check. It's clear that Tesla is not including it in the base $35K price. The seat heaters famously will be turned off. Something about the navigation will be limited, although I don't understand exactly what. Presumably the nice map graphics, but I will still have turn-by-turn?

Can they disable the auto steering wheel adjustment? I can't imagine they would limit the auto seat adjustments. I know they can't disable the cell phone charger/stand. I originally feared the base model would not have that, which I though would be pretty tacky.

• Informative
Reactions: abasile and Scott7