Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR Not Plus Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you don't intend to go to FSD and just stick with AP, the current HW2.5 is probably good enough going forward.

At some point people with HW2.5 (and possibly also HW2) but without FSD will be offered a HW3 upgrade as some unknown price. If and when that occurs, you should seriously consider it.

Why would Tesla offer to sell the HW3 hardware upgrade without FSD?

Hey all for Fairwinds - I don't see an option to join using the Lion Nation #. Only if I live there or have a family member. Has this changed?
Yes it has. I am in the process of getting this loan, and they have ended their partnership with the LionNation program because too many people were signing up for loans with it. I was told that the loan is basically a loss leader for them to develop a relationship with customers, and that they are only looking to work with people in the area.

Fortunately, I am an Orlando resident :)

Makes sense, they're no way to make money off of that lol. What's your plan ordering soon?

Hey all for Fairwinds - I don't see an option to join using the Lion Nation #. Only if I live there or have a family member. Has this changed?
Yes it has. I am in the process of getting this loan, and they have ended their partnership with the LionNation program because too many people were signing up for loans with it. I was told that the loan is basically a loss leader for them to develop a relationship with customers, and that they are only looking to work with people in the area.

Fortunately, I am an Orlando resident :)

what if we already got a membership will they still honor rate

Well, my page finally updated from the previous SR+ to SR details and pricing. I never did get connected to a live person on the phone, but I guess either my voicemails or email campaign finally worked haha. Still, I'm very likely not to see my vehicle tomorrow because it'll be impossible to get an MVPA in time for payment from the credit union.

Reactions: xanatos
Well, my page finally updated from the previous SR+ to SR details and pricing. I never did get connected to a live person on the phone, but I guess either my voicemails or email campaign finally worked haha. Still, I'm very likely not to see my vehicle tomorrow because it'll be impossible to get an MVPA in time for payment from the credit union.

Free Autopilot or not?

I was able to get my vin from tesla chat support - 309000. Blue SR - so far my account doesn't display it

So I logged in to view my MVPA, which finally updated as well now, and noticed I don't even have an option to add autopilot now. you seeing this too quikshifter? Delivery date hasn't changed, it's still today 4/17, which won't work since I had to wait for this MVPA to send over to my credit union...

My new order of a SR last week when they were discontinued still shows a MVPA of a SR+. Several requests and nothing. I have a VIN and delivery date of tomorrow. I will pass on the delivery if they cannot figure it out beforehand.

My new order of a SR last week when they were discontinued still shows a MVPA of a SR+. Several requests and nothing. I have a VIN and delivery date of tomorrow. I will pass on the delivery if they cannot figure it out beforehand.

I don't feel so bad now about multiple reschedules. Tesla seems to have an attitude to take delivery and we'll figure it out later...

So what wait times are we expecting? I placed my order on 4/11 for SR+ got a delivery date of 4/24 but when my order was changed to SR on 4/13, the delivery date still says 4/24 but I don't know if that's accurate. I did change colors as well. Edit button is gone. Someone posted that they were told SR is a 4-6 week wait.

Update: They are able to even meet the 4/24 delivery date but my financing probably wont be ready. Told me car is in Arizona and only when I submit my financing they will move it to Texas. Probably by 4/26 or so will have it. They confirmed 03/19 build date.

I have an electrician coming today to see how to install the Nema plug. Seems complicated but will see what he says.

I suspect they're going to discontinue the SR after not too long and say "see, we offered a $35K car and "nobody" wanted it", similar to what happened w/the 40 kWh Model S. And, thus SR+ will be the minimum.

Taking it off the menu allows a sales droid to upsell folks to SR+. Not having it on the web site means clueless people who want the cheapest version will just pick SR+.

Non-enthusiasts may not be aware of the ability to downgrade from SR+ to SR either... You might be surprised about how unaware or even clueless some folks can be.

Never underestimate the stupidity of an idiot.

So, you ordered an SR after it was removed from the website?

I ordered the SR the moment it was removed when the story at Tesla sales was that it would be $35K off-menu and include autopilot. They took my deposit, updated the web site and gave me a VIN with a delivery date of today. Now, Tesla is ghosting me as I ask them to modify the MVPA to reflect that price including the autopilot. Below is my proof and if you squint, you can see the $36K price below this pop-up overlay.

Build Sheet.PNG

Ordered SR yesterday. Got contacted by someone in Las Vegas today, started to collect all the paperwork. I already have a delivery date in the reservation - 4/30. No VIN yet.

The person from LV says that the car will be delivered to Dallas and driven to my house in Austin by a Tesla employee. Kind of weird, but ok with me as long as the car gets here in one piece and the odometer is at ~200 miles.

But the real news is that SR may not have LED fog lights. It's what the Tesla person here in Austin (not LV) told me. He explained that the fog lights would be in the car, but I won't not be able to turn them on (software-limited just like other things). Not a big deal for me, but it was kind of a bummer.

After he told me this, I went on to see if others were told the same thing - couldn't find anything on any of the Tesla forums. The news article at tesla.com also does not talk about fog lights. So now I've asked the LV person for a list of features that are included or excluded in the SR model. I think you guys should ask for that too - it's kind of crazy that we're buying this expensive product and there's no official document that describes what it contains.

• Informative
Reactions: 3laine
Disabling the fog lights is hilarious. Tesla prides itself on their cars being the safest ones you can buy. So now they are going to sell you a car that has fog lights installed but software disable them so that you can’t see clearly when driving through heavy fog. Makes perfect sense.

wow
I ordered the SR the moment it was removed when the story at Tesla sales was that it would be $35K off-menu and include autopilot. They took my deposit, updated the web site and gave me a VIN with a delivery date of today. Now, Tesla is ghosting me as I ask them to modify the MVPA to reflect that price including the autopilot. Below is my proof and if you squint, you can see the $36K price below this pop-up overlay.

View attachment 398247

keep us posted if you get them to modify the MVPA to the $36K price.. I got a negative from my OA.

I have a inventory MR that I'd like them to add "free" AP to