Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the graphic but is this accurate in saying the standard interior has "heated front seats" I thought you need the partial premium interior for the heated seats. Can anyone verify this that took delivery of the SR?

Here is something that might interest the readers of this thread:

Bg32BKL.png

The original version looks like this. It was posted here by Reddit user /u/convincemeh [thanks]. I decided to make it easier to read.

Is anyone still waiting for an update / VIN for a - SR+ black ext / white interior?

I'm in Canada (Vancouver) and it's been 3 weeks since I ordered, 2016 holder bla bla...at this point i'd settle for any kind of update. I've called the corp sales they're no help and also my local Tesla sales center. They said white interiors are slow to be delivered, and they would check for me...that was 2 days ago.

Just curious whether I'm stuck in some vortex, impatient, or I just need to wait like everyone else?

Is anyone still waiting for an update / VIN for a - SR+ black ext / white interior?

I'm in Canada (Vancouver) and it's been 3 weeks since I ordered, 2016 holder bla bla...at this point i'd settle for any kind of update. I've called the corp sales they're no help and also my local Tesla sales center. They said white interiors are slow to be delivered, and they would check for me...that was 2 days ago.

Just curious whether I'm stuck in some vortex, impatient, or I just need to wait like everyone else?

White interior appointments are definitely rolling out but I'm not sure if we've even seen any confirmed deliveries, or maybe some just happened in the last 48hrs. But either way they're essentially just starting and they have further to travel to get to you so I imagine in the next 2 weeks you'll have your car (if not sooner). I'm about 30mins from the factory and am finally getting mine tomorrow.

Just joined the forum, ordered SR+ black ext/ black int 3/12 assigned VIN# couple days ago, suppose to have deliver by end of month (30th) as per DA. Not sure how accurate that might be

From Vancouver Canada also

Just joined the forum, ordered SR+ black ext/ black int 3/12 assigned VIN# couple days ago, suppose to have deliver by end of month (30th) as per DA. Not sure how accurate that might be

From Vancouver Canada also

Hello fellow Vancouverite! I spoke like an hour ago to a manager at Tesla Robson (Jordan Fraser). They have a bunch of SR+ black / black that is already in inventory and more coming. You could potentially call, and pick up your car literally today if it matches.

White interior appointments are definitely rolling out but I'm not sure if we've even seen any confirmed deliveries, or maybe some just happened in the last 48hrs. But either way they're essentially just starting and they have further to travel to get to you so I imagine in the next 2 weeks you'll have your car (if not sooner). I'm about 30mins from the factory and am finally getting mine tomorrow.

Thanks! I was offered a gray SR+ w/sport wheels. I love the sport wheels, but gray is too "safe" as a color for something so advanced. The more I look at photos for me - the black exterior / white interior combo is killer with or without the turbine rims. I was very tempted though.

I think waiting another 2 weeks will be worth it, I just need to completely forget the estimate that's in my account and see how hard they push by end of this month!

CT resident

SR+ white/white, 19”, EAP.

Ordered on March 17. I just got my tentative delivery date for next Wednesday 3/27 at Mt. Kisco in NY! I am very surprised that I may take delivery just 10 days after placing deposit. Especially considering I live on the east coast and got the white interior. In terms of New England I think I’m the first to get delivery date based on this chat room for white interior. It seem TSLA reallyy wants to get those Q1 numbers in lol. Still no VIN however. Based on previous posts here it seems the VIN comes like 12-72 hours after the delivery date. Now I need to find financing ASAP. But don’t I need my VIN?? Does any one smarter than me know how that all works?

SR+ black/Black, 18" AP

Ordered on Mar 17 as well in the chicago area, got a delivery date of 3/27 (just like you) couple days after and I got a VIN yesterday

You are impatient, just like me. You also ordered white interior just like I did, at about the same time. They are focused on delivering as much as they can by March 31st. With white interiors just starting to come off the line, they will allocate as close to Fremont as possible, and not risk having too many vehicles in transit for month end, that do not count as sales.

I am planning for the end of April, but would be pleased if it happens sooner.

You are impatient, just like me. You also ordered white interior just like I did, at about the same time. They are focused on delivering as much as they can by March 31st. With white interiors just starting to come off the line, they will allocate as close to Fremont as possible, and not risk having too many vehicles in transit for month end, that do not count as sales.

I am planning for the end of April, but would be pleased if it happens sooner.

Hey buddy - that's a very sensible post, and makes a lot of sense. I would open say I'm a tad frustrated that 2016 reservation, order on 02/28 counts for zilch in the big scheme of quarterly sales.

I guess the good news is that white interiors are finally rolling out, at least they appear to exist :)

Hopefully we'll get ours early or mid April - it's my birthday that month, so that would neat lol.

Reactions: torontohm3wait
Hey buddy - that's a very sensible post, and makes a lot of sense. I would open say I'm a tad frustrated that 2016 reservation, order on 02/28 counts for zilch in the big scheme of quarterly sales.

I guess the good news is that white interiors are finally rolling out, at least they appear to exist :)

Hopefully we'll get ours early or mid April - it's my birthday that month, so that would neat lol.

After reading about several planned deliveries with white seats, I just called Tesla and asked where is mine. The rep looked up and said that he can match me with a black seat option right away, but he doesn't see any white seats countrywide and they haven't made any yet.
Wanted to share it with you guys to add the confusion and provoke panic!

Hey guys, just wanted to update you guys on my car (and help any fellow TMC members with their current status/waiting period).

I placed my SR+, white ext, black int, 19rims, no EAP on 03/17/19 at 1AM...
Got a text message on 03/19/2019 at 5:30pm that it will be 'tentatively' ready for pick up this weekend (03/24/19).
I finally checked my account online today and they have the VIN# and the final contract on file (03/21/2019).
I am hurrying with my credit union to get this taken care of today, so that I can go ahead with the delivery this Saturday (03/24/19).

Just wanted to let you you guys know the timeline for my order... I'll post if I do get to pick it up this Saturday. (By the way, I live in So Cal.. in case you guys are wondering for delivery purposes).

I spoke with someone at the Calgary centre yesterday afternoon. She said that SR+ are definitely rolling in and she'd heard of white interiors being delivered elsewhere but hadn't seen any yet. She said that they're really gunning to bump up sales numbers for the first quarter deadline so trying to get as many cars delivered as possible. Now that white interiors are on the move, hopefully we won't have to wait much longer!

Reactions: tiggerlu
Congrats! Let us know how it goes!

I placed my order SR+ black exterior, white interior on 2/28 in Arizona.

I received a text on 3/08 giving me a delivery timeframe of 3/13-3/24 but didn’t have a concrete date. I was getting nervous and called 3/18 to get additional info and I was told I would probably be able to take delivery by end of month. Today I noticed the website was prompting me for final payment but did not have a VIN or a delivery so I contacted the delivery center and was told that my car was delivered yesterday and can pick up today. I still need to finalize my loan with the credit union but I will be taking delivery on Sunday 3/24.

• Love
Ordered SR on 3/6 Bay Area CA, no VIN yet but my lender was bugging me for some info so I decided to call the service line to get it for them. plus some people have got an update regarding their timing after calling so I was a little excited about that too.

Yesterday - got placed on hold for 15 minutes, then a post about how their mailbox was full and hung up on. This happened about 5-10 times before I decided to try again at an earlier time of day today.
Today - I was placed on hold for 5 minutes and hung up on no mailbox message. Then I called back and got through to someone! They were surprised I was a customer, told me they would transfer me to the right people, but I just went back to the original customer service line menu.

I think there is some kind of routing error in the phone system. Anyone have a workaround or know how to get to a live chat screen for this?

Ordered SR on 3/6 Bay Area CA, no VIN yet but my lender was bugging me for some info so I decided to call the service line to get it for them. plus some people have got an update regarding their timing after calling so I was a little excited about that too.

Yesterday - got placed on hold for 15 minutes, then a post about how their mailbox was full and hung up on. This happened about 5-10 times before I decided to try again at an earlier time of day today.
Today - I was placed on hold for 5 minutes and hung up on no mailbox message. Then I called back and got through to someone! They were surprised I was a customer, told me they would transfer me to the right people, but I just went back to the original customer service line menu.

I think there is some kind of routing error in the phone system. Anyone have a workaround or know how to get to a live chat screen for this?

Is it prompting you for your zip code when you eventually press #2 or #3 and then says something about thanks for calling Tesla delivery? Because your experience sounds exactly once mine once I got allocated to general delivery somehow which occurred about a week ago. No matter what I did it would send me there and I couldn't get to the old support I used to get. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come soon for you.

Confirmed delivery tomorrow afternoon!!

What exterior/
I placed my order SR+ black exterior, white interior on 2/28 in Arizona.

I received a text on 3/08 giving me a delivery timeframe of 3/13-3/24 but didn’t have a concrete date. I was getting nervous and called 3/18 to get additional info and I was told I would probably be able to take delivery by end of month. Today I noticed the website was prompting me for final payment but did not have a VIN or a delivery so I contacted the delivery center and was told that my car was delivered yesterday and can pick up today. I still need to finalize my loan with the credit union but I will be taking delivery on Sunday 3/24.

Did your vin show up yet in your account? I don’t have a VIN, but a delivery date of Monday 3/25. I called earlier today and they said they didn’t see a VIN yet and if they didn’t by tomorrow my delivery date would be pushed. Then I just got the prompt for final payment. I’m trying not to harass them. Just curious if your vin showed up after asking for final payment.

After reading about several planned deliveries with white seats, I just called Tesla and asked where is mine. The rep looked up and said that he can match me with a black seat option right away, but he doesn't see any white seats countrywide and they haven't made any yet.
Wanted to share it with you guys to add the confusion and provoke panic!

I have read on a few different forums, that there are plenty of black interior SR+ being delivered and available. May even be an overproduction in this configuration. However most early white interior orders outside of California, still are pending.

Maybe we need a new thread “waiting for white”?