Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery appointment is tomorrow at 11am and I just called the DC. they said the car is still in freemont and hasnt completed the build process yet. Im gunna guess that Im not getting the car before the end of the year...

I have same order date and almost same VIN , may be our cars are getting built on same day. Please keep posted , if you get delivery tomorrow 11AM.

Picked up my SR+ today in Santa Barbara! Hope many more get there car too!!!
EA266D5C-C453-4BD9-97AC-84BBF4833353.jpeg

Got a text at 4 PM PST. That's it. Neither apology nor fixed delivery date in January, just DELAYED.

Anybody already cancel the order for full refund? Is there any official announcement for the full refund?

There’s not much to announce. If you don’t want the car anymore just let Tesla know and they will refund your deposit. They will not attempt to keep any “order fees” on cars that were not delivered by end of year due to their delays. It should show up on your credit card in 1-2 weeks after you inform them you want to cancel.

Thanks for the answer, OCR1 but how are you so confident about Tesla? I just received a text without saying full refund. with your answer, I clicked the cancel button in my order page(obviously nobody answer the phone), it clearly says "NO REFUND" before click final submit button. I DO NOT trust Tesla anymore. If I finalize the cancel in my account page without any written promise or announcement, they will not refund at all.

Thank you for your answer but I have to wait any written promise or announcement.

Reactions: ZappCatt
Thanks for the answer, OCR1 but how are you so confident about Tesla? I just received a text without saying full refund. with your answer, I clicked the cancel button in my order page(obviously nobody answer the phone), it clearly says "NO REFUND" before click final submit button. I DO NOT trust Tesla anymore. If I finalize the cancel in my account page without any written promise or announcement, they will not refund at all.

Thank you for your answer but I have to wait any written promise or announcement.

I would just send an email to your sales adviser informing them that due to Tesla’s inability to deliver the car by year end you are cancelling your order and expect your $100 refund to be processed asap. Tesla is not going to argue over $100 when they failed to deliver the car to you on time. And you always have the ability to dispute the charge with your credit card company. But trust me, they are not going to create ill will over $100 when you did everything you were supposed to do and they failed to deliver you a car on time. They can be really goofy but not about small stuff like this.

But before you do this you should be really sure you don’t want the car. We don’t know how Tesla plans to handle orders that missed the deadline. Maybe they will surprise you. It’s only $100 and whether you get it back now or a month from now is not really going to make any difference to you, is it?

I would just send an email to your sales adviser informing them that due to Tesla’s inability to deliver the car by year end you are cancelling your order and expect your $100 refund to be processed asap. Tesla is not going to argue over $100 when they failed to deliver the car to you on time. And you always have the ability to dispute the charge with your credit card company. But trust me, they are not going to create ill will over $100 when you did everything you were supposed to do and they failed to deliver you a car on time. They can be really goofy but not about small stuff like this.

But before you do this you should be really sure you don’t want the car. We don’t know how Tesla plans to handle orders that missed the deadline. Maybe they will surprise you. It’s only $100 and whether you get it back now or a month from now is not really going to make any difference to you, is it?
I have made an online order and don't have my SA - the only communications I got from their side are 3 texts.

Yes, you are right - I want "the car" and $100 is no big deal to me, but I do not want to do business with Tesla anymore. I have waited 50 days for M3 only to receive simple text today. If I don't know why Tesla abandons SR+ batch, I would happily wait more months for M3 because the car will be my first EV fun car for weekends and I will keep my current Lexus. But I know why and I do not want to be in wait line for Tesla again only to find they abandon SR+ again. If you did it once, you do it twice easily. Fortunately, there is an alternative - Ford Mach-E and I reserved it paying $500.

I'd rather happily wait one year for Mach-E than wait one month for untrustworthy Tesla.

I have made an online order and don't have my SA - the only communications I got from their side are 3 texts.

Yes, you are right - I want "the car" and $100 is no big deal to me, but I do not want to do business with Tesla anymore. I have waited 50 days for M3 only to receive simple text today. If I don't know why Tesla abandons SR+ batch, I would happily wait more months for M3 because the car will be my first EV fun car for weekends and I will keep my current Lexus. But I know why and I do not want to be in wait line for Tesla again only to find they abandon SR+ again. If you did it once, you do it twice easily. Fortunately, there is an alternative - Ford Mach-E and I reserved it paying $500.

I'd rather happily wait one year for Mach-E than wait one month for untrustworthy Tesla.

I understand your frustration and wish you the best with whatever you decide. As for the Mach-E, it may be a very nice car, but just like I would have never bought the original 2008 Tesla Roadster, I would never buy the first EV that Ford attempts to build. Look at the problems Jaguar and Audi owners are having with their current EVs. If you think dealing with Tesla’s order process is difficult, try owning one of those vehicles and dealing with service issues on a regular basis.

Regarding your $100, if you don’t have a sales adviser you can just call the main number at Tesla, ask for sales, and let them know you need to cancel due to their inability to deliver by year end. I would wait until at least January 2 to do this as right now I know it’s difficult to get through to anyone at Tesla. Once January rolls around they will have plenty of time to answer their phones again.

Reactions: AZjohnInCA