Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all, quick update if it's helpful to anyone else. Tesla released a bunch of demo cars, low miles, and several matched my order. I put a deposit on one last night and here is what happened today... 1.) I am now picking up my new Tesla with only 600 miles on it this afternoon instead of waiting till June 18-30th. 2.) YES, they absolutely can turn off FSD, and when you go to place the order it's an option for you to unselect it and it will reduce the price of the car. So look for anything that matches and ignore if it has FSD. 3.) They will NOT refund you at all the additional $100 deposit, you will lose it on the original order. 4.) You will have to reapply for credit if you are financing or leasing and it MAY hit your credit report, this is only if they see the old order and don't re-run it. 5.) They will credit you for any mileage on the car and reduce the price accordingly. My 600 miles reduced it $210. 6.) The cars they have RIGHT NOW available have radar and are NOT TeslaVison so you are getting a car with full functionality and lumber on the passenger side. I was not a fan of buying a car with limited functionality nor being a tester for their new product. This was a huge win for me so thought I would share.

Hey all, quick update if it's helpful to anyone else. Tesla released a bunch of demo cars, low miles, and several matched my order. I put a deposit on one last night and here is what happened today... 1.) I am now picking up my new Tesla with only 600 miles on it this afternoon instead of waiting till June 18-30th. 2.) YES, they absolutely can turn off FSD, and when you go to place the order it's an option for you to unselect it and it will reduce the price of the car. So look for anything that matches and ignore if it has FSD. 3.) They will NOT refund you at all the additional $100 deposit, you will lose it on the original order. 4.) You will have to reapply for credit if you are financing or leasing and it MAY hit your credit report, this is only if they see the old order and don't re-run it. 5.) They will credit you for any mileage on the car and reduce the price accordingly. My 600 miles reduced it $210. 6.) The cars they have RIGHT NOW available have radar and are NOT TeslaVison so you are getting a car with full functionality and lumber on the passenger side. I was not a fan of buying a car with limited functionality nor being a tester for their new product. This was a huge win for me so thought I would share.
Yes, just did the same, if you can talk to your SA, they can switch everything and not have to worry about the $100, financing or anything, my account still shows the same, I didn't have to do anything. Only thing I noticed is the image changed ever so slighty, and looking up the difference in the order options, there is 1 option different, IBB0 vs IBB1, which is apparently a 2021 Door Panel design... but it might also be the headlights, since thats what I noticed changing in the image. I'm not sure what else is different, but I'd rather have radar for now. Still waiting to hear when I can pick it up, since it was at a different SC a little bit away.

Same exact situation here. Was able to remove FSD after paying the $100 deposit. My discount was about $200 vs. new but it has radar + lumbar (not a huge deal but... cmon!). Applied for financing & was accepted at a better rate than I got for my original order almost immediately. Haven't talked to anybody at Tesla yet for delivery but fingers crossed it's in the next few days! Ahh I'm gonna pee my pants!!! I may attempt a charge back with Chase for the first $100 deposit, not sure if that's petty though haha.

Reactions: GiFer
So an update from the SA that help me order (shocked is working today)

I asked who gives the VINs out do SA or the factory… He said “The factory has an automated system, looks for complete profiles matching the configuration, no SAs hand out new car VINs)

Leave it to the machines I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️
Look at that... more conflicting information lol. I just don't know what to believe anymore....

• Funny
Reactions: mdanieltech
Reapply for financing... ugh. I don't want to do that, so I am sticking with my original order.

Thanks so much for the info!

I just got the Teslavision update and a VIN! I don’t know what to do with my hands!

I also don’t know if this means it’s at the SC or if it is now leaving Fremont, but I’ll take it!
Between you getting your VIN for a blue M3SR+ and CapitalTM3 getting their VIN for the same location as me (and ordering just a few days before me), I'm feeling pretty optimistic. It's probably misplaced optimism, but I'll take it for now.

Reactions: Aeonofgods
When my account showed July 2 - July 22 yesterday, I felt super bummed that this entire process was heading into the wrong direction.

I just logged in and now EDD is June 22 - June 30 which makes me feel much much better. Refreshing everyday has induced lots of anxiety the past month, can't wait to just take delivery soon lol

Reactions: GiFer and makirules