Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday my EDD went from june 2-14th to june 16-30 on the order I placed on 4-19... SR+ no add ons whatsoever.

This morning same thing 16-30th....when I got home today I finally got the tesla vision confirmation and after agreeing, got my VIN right away, and now it is at june 5-10th.
I live in the East Bay as well, but ordered a few weeks after you. This gives me hope my Model 3 is on the way! 🙏🏽

🤦🏻‍♂️

Part of me wants to add my current insurance…. Part of me says NO….

I asked what seemed like a good SA if I need insurance ahead of time even if I had my VIN. His words exactly “ No, you don’t need to upload insurance before. As long as you have updated it the day of delivery your good. Only reason why we ask for insurance 5-6 days prior to picking up is because people drag their feet and slows down delivery “

Im just going to sit tight and follow the directions from Tesla’s site..
Hi mdanieltech: my Tesla Agent told me to upload our current auto insurance declaration page even though the Tesla VIN is required for insurance on delivery. I received my "TeslaVision" email today and my VIN was listed on my Tesla Account after accepting.

Hi mdanieltech: my Tesla Agent told me to upload our current auto insurance declaration page even though the Tesla VIN is required for insurance on delivery. I received my "TeslaVision" email today and my VIN was listed on my Tesla Account after accepting.

Well I uploaded my current information on my insurance cards ….
Let’s see what happens….
If this works the system is 100% flawed haha

For those wondering whether insurance is required for VIN assignment, the answer is no.

A friend ordered a Model Y first week of May and his profile was completed up to financing. Was assigned a VIN then requested a Tesla Insurance quote.

This makes sense for a state like CA where a VIN is needed to create a new policy. Insurance is required on delivery day to drive away.

I ordered 2021 Model 3 Standard Range Plus | Pearl White | Black & White Interior | Aero Wheels | No FSD
I did see at least one of those, but my model is the black interior with 19" wheels. I didn't see the VIN of the one that matches your order but hopefully it's it? I will be over by there tomorrow so I'll try to take a pic of it if I can get over there