Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!
Still no soup for me. No VIN, that is. I did get a text asking if I could take delivery in July, of course I answered JULY. This morning my EDD moved from 6/27 - 6/30 to 6/28 - 6/30. Clearly there's TREMENDOUS pressure for Q2 numbers which doesn't make us the consumers feel warm and fuzzy about things like QC.

My worry is if they don't make the 6/30 date they lose all motivation to get me a car at all... Until 9/30 lol. I still think they'll come through by the 30th though. Enjoy your car!
I called Carlsbad and there are some shipments coming on Tuesday. Hoping you get yours soon. When I first bought the car on 5/19 the SA told me all of Quarter 2 cars were sold and wouldn't probably get it until September. So knowing that and told that from the beginning I didn't get my hopes up too much. Good Luck! I'll be rooting for you fellow neighbor.

Reactions: SDBob
My EDD changed again. I think its normal and I am ok and this does not annoy me. I am actually happy that I am not getting the car in June when Tesla is messing up people's paperwork, having people make last minute effort to get loans, insurance, etc. and change the schedules. Who knows if some steps were hastened or missed in this rush. Hope they don't sacrifice on quality, let the paint dry and cure, etc.

I would rather get car in July when the Delivery Experience is fun as opposed to getting rushed to take delivery and get out quickly. I am led to imagine/wonder if some of these last minute shipments after June 20 from Fremont have gone through all the QC checks. Perhaps people who received their cars in Last week of March can comment if their cars have had any issues that they noted few weeks after delivery?

My new delivery date:

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 09 - July 29
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 14 - August 03
    • July 08 - July 28
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 19 - August 08

I got a delivery scheduled for Monday and called to change for pick up.
rep told me no option for pick up and it will be only delivered to home.
Also making a final payment before the delivery is necessary..

I'm in Socal. does anyone got the same instruction?

I did not have an option at all.
I called the Costa Mesa Delivery Center and a woman picked up. She looked at my account and said my car is still in Fremont and while my appointment is Monday, it can be pushed to Tuesday if it can't make it on-time. She also said there is an option to have it delivered to my house but I think I'll keep it as a pickup so I can actually talk to someone if there are issues with my car when I inspect it.

Reactions: GiFer
So, it's official we are Tesla Owners. We picked up our Tesla this afternoon at 5:00pm. Thank goodness for the checklist. It was so helpful. We looked over the entire car before making final payment.

Once we reviewed everything, we handed the Tesla Advisor our cashier's check, signed the paperwork, received copies of all the papers we signed and then received our key cards.

We noticed a few minor issues, took photos, submitted the information on the app and received our service appointment.

The delivery process was easy and our Tesla Advisor was extremely helpful getting us set up to "roll".

Safe travels and good luck to everyone on this "waiting room".

I called the Costa Mesa Delivery Center and a woman picked up. She looked at my account and said my car is still in Fremont and while my appointment is Monday, it can be pushed to Tuesday if it can't make it on-time. She also said there is an option to have it delivered to my house but I think I'll keep it as a pickup so I can actually talk to someone if there are issues with my car when I inspect it.
That is what I wanted to do. So different responses.
The woman I talked to sounds very strict about the no contact delivery, told me that it was not possible to change to pick up.
She did not get me any detail about the delivery process such as where the car is located now.
I got a SA contact number located in Carson address though from the order follow up email titled "Next Steps"

That is what I wanted to do. So different responses.
The woman I talked to sounds very strict about the no contact delivery, told me that it was not possible to change to pick up.
She did not get me any detail about the delivery process such as where the car is located now.
I got a SA contact number located in Carson address though from the order follow up email titled "Next Steps"
Where are you in OC?

So, it's official we are Tesla Owners. We picked up our Tesla this afternoon at 5:00pm. Thank goodness for the checklist. It was so helpful. We looked over the entire car before making final payment.

Once we reviewed everything, we handed the Tesla Advisor our cashier's check, signed the paperwork, received copies of all the papers we signed and then received our key cards.

We noticed a few minor issues, took photos, submitted the information on the app and received our service appointment.

The delivery process was easy and our Tesla Advisor was extremely helpful getting us set up to "roll".

Safe travels and good luck to everyone on this "waiting room".
Hey sorry if I missed this, somewhat new here, but what checklist are you referring to?

I guess I spoke too soon. Had a delivery date; had a VIN. Already paid in full. Tesla called me, revoked my VIN. Told me my care is no longer coming. No EDD. Ordered in March (ya, March) , guy said it could be Sept. Well, that really blows. Seriously rough.
That is a horror story. Did you get your payment back? Holding that large payment for 3 month is a fraud.

My EDD changed again. I think its normal and I am ok and this does not annoy me. I am actually happy that I am not getting the car in June when Tesla is messing up people's paperwork, having people make last minute effort to get loans, insurance, etc. and change the schedules. Who knows if some steps were hastened or missed in this rush. Hope they don't sacrifice on quality, let the paint dry and cure, etc.

I would rather get car in July when the Delivery Experience is fun as opposed to getting rushed to take delivery and get out quickly. I am led to imagine/wonder if some of these last minute shipments after June 20 from Fremont have gone through all the QC checks. Perhaps people who received their cars in Last week of March can comment if their cars have had any issues that they noted few weeks after delivery?

My new delivery date:

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 09 - July 29
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 14 - August 03
    • July 08 - July 28
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 19 - August 08
I know a few people that work at that Fremont factory and trust me they do not go through the proper qc checks. I would def take a checklist to inspect the car at delivery. They also tell me all the time “you better hope the night crew isn’t the one assembling or qcing your car, they suck and morning shift has to constantly fix their errors”.

I know a few people that work at that Fremont factory and trust me they do not go through the proper qc checks. I would def take a checklist to inspect the car at delivery. They also tell me all the time “you better hope the night crew isn’t the one assembling or qcing your car, they suck and morning shift has to constantly fix their errors”.
I’m pretty worried about my pick up tomorrow. I keep telling myself if the car is garbage Tesla will fix it but I’m also mentally preparing myself to take delivery of a POS and resent Tesla after this whole experience. Good news is if I hate it after this whole experience, demand is so high I could probably sell it quickly and likely for a break even (really at the cost of 11 weeks of my life and my sanity of course) or maybe a profit.

Reactions: Lochnessmonstr
I guess I spoke too soon. Had a delivery date; had a VIN. Already paid in full. Tesla called me, revoked my VIN. Told me my care is no longer coming. No EDD. Ordered in March (ya, March) , guy said it could be Sept. Well, that really blows. Seriously rough.
Yeah my EDD change this morning to

August 18 - September 07​

Crazy meaning Q3 definitely sold out I'm wondering if I get my car that late I might just wait and get a 2022 model. I have a lot time to think about this 😂