Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this text. Not sure why they’re delivering to my place and not the original delivery location, but I’m not complaining!
24506340-2D05-4475-B9B1-1A78E96E60D5.jpeg

Reactions: curlette461
After 3 days of Aug 20 - Sep 9, it added a day, now at Aug 21 - Sep 10. Seems like it is narrowing down to this date range. Ordered 7/3. My SA didn't have any insight besides saying this matches up with the original estimate when the order was placed.
I'm in the exact same range and ordered 7/5. I really hope we get the car the last week of August.

Reactions: M-83
You guys. I’m really annoyed and discouraged. My date is now 8/22-9/11. I don’t get it. I ordered 5/25. What gives?
Yup.. my date jumped for the worse as well.

Yesterday it was July 24 - Aug 12, today and its Aug 10 - Aug 30. Also, the fact that my SA is completely unresponsive, it's quite annoying/discouraging now. I have a trip coming up in September and I want my car before that...

Reactions: prplrain
You guys. I’m really annoyed and discouraged. My date is now 8/22-9/11. I don’t get it. I ordered 5/25. What gives?
Hi! I’m in MD too, and ordered a little after you on 5/31. I’m currently at 8/20-9/3, but it’s jumped around a bit. Not sure why we’re getting such late dates and others in the area have gotten VINs. What’s your configuration? Are you picking up at Tyson’s Corner?

Hi! I’m in MD too, and ordered a little after you on 5/31. I’m currently at 8/20-9/3, but it’s jumped around a bit. Not sure why we’re getting such late dates and others in the area have gotten VINs. What’s your configuration? Are you picking up at Tyson’s Corner?
I have been able to speak and text with my SA quite often to track whats going on with my order. I think you should communicate with them as they can give you best information. As you know EDD on the tesla account is meaningless and causes undue aggravation.

I have been able to speak and text with my SA quite often to track whats going on with my order. I think you should communicate with them as they can give you best information. As you know EDD on the tesla account is meaningless and causes undue aggravation.
I wish my SA was more helpful. He’s responsive enough, but all he’ll do is read me what my account says, and I can see that myself. He won’t give me any insight into what is going on with my order.

I wish my SA was more helpful. He’s responsive enough, but all he’ll do is read me what my account says, and I can see that myself. He won’t give me any insight into what is going on with my order.
Ugh! Empathize with you both on the dates changing. And that is a long wait! All I can say is hopefully don't trust it too much.....I ordered 5/30, was expecting it in July. Had the dates jump around a lot, randomly move into June range which had me looking daily in June for updates, then on the last week of June it put my EDD all the way back to September. Grrr! On June 28th, I got a call saying to pick up my car (which wasn't even made yet) on June 30th. I'm an hour and a half from Fremont, so I'm sure I got fortunately (for me) caught up in the end-of-quarter rush to deliver as close to the factory as possible, and that was lucky. But still, I went from being pushed to a September delivery to having a car with 2 days notice at the end of June. So crossing my fingers for you!!!

So I texted the SA that helped me with my test drive at Montgomery Mall. He did not help me with my order as I ordered online. Do you all think after I initially gave him my order number, he matched himself with my order and made himself my SA, or do I have another? I asked him about my order and all he said was “you do not have a VIN and probably won’t take delivery until end of august/early September”. Wtf. No help at all.

I wonder if I should just chat with someone online. I’m not an impatient person but watching everyone else get cara before me that ordered after me is bothersome lol.

I said to someone else in the area a few pages ago that I was playing the a game trying to decide between Tysons and Rockville. I picked Rockville like a dummy lol.

My config is white, black int, standard everything, 18” aero wheels. *sigh*

Most likely your SA will know approximately when your RN will be matched to a VIN. As the time approaches closer for VIN match, they are able to see the details of timing better than what we see on our account login page.

You seriously need to start asking questions. I suggest sending an email and keeping everything saved. If that was me, and I was in your position I’d be calling my contacts to see what are the next steps. that sucks tho dang..

Well, I finally got this sorted out, sorta. Tesla agreed to release my money back to me within 2 weeks. But they also put me on some priority list for delivery and they've actually given me a VIN now and delivery date. So I can't really ask for my money back now bc the delivery date is within 10 days. So we'll see if this is their attempt to stall or keep the money or w/e. If indeed i'm getting my m3 in the next 10 days then OK fine i can live with it. But I would have preferred them compensating me some way for this stuff. I know i'll love the car, though i can't ever imagine ordering another tesla online; if i ever get another Tesla I would buy straight off the lot.

The practice of cancelling fully paid orders for the sake of meeting quarterly numbers is just garbage though.

Reactions: oreobbq
Weird experience with Tesla

Hi all,
I've had such a weird experience with Tesla - wanted to get your input on it.

I ordered a SR+ Pearl White (All base) on 6/12. The EDD was 8-10 weeks.
On 6/29 I got a text message for a delivery appointment for 6/30 at Serramonte Tesla. I logged in to my tesla account and saw the Tesla Vision agreement, a VIN(1st) and Delivery appointment data and time (6/30). The website also asked me to complete the final payment.

At this time, I made the payment and bought the Tesla insurance (it was the cheapest quote among others in my case). This same evening, I happened to log back in to the tesla account and the VIN was removed (the delivery appointment persisted). I emailed my SA who hasn't replied yet.

I called Serramonte Tesla who said that the car is in production and expected delivery will go ahead, only my VIN changed (they couldn't tell me the new VIN assignment). After that I called Tesla insurance who cancelled the policy and asked me to reapply on the day of delivery.

The next day (day of delivery), I called Serramonte again (4 hours to delivery) since the VIN wasn't visible. They reiterated that the car is expected to get to them by the evening and I should go ahead and sign the Agreement document. The agreement document popped up as we were talking. I saw that the agreement had another VIN(2nd) on it. After I signed the agreement, the representative tells me that the VIN(2nd) is not going to be assigned to me since the car had a defect, but I will get another one assigned quickly 'its a common build'.

Then, 2 hours before delivery I call again and they said that no car has been delivered and they expect it to happen 'tonight or in the next few days'. I was asked to ignore the delivery appointment.

Now, the EDD is back with 9-13 weeks. However, the payment has been made (I haven't received an email receipt, just a confirmation in the tesla account) - the agreement I signed doesn't show up on the account and I have no idea when the car will be delivered.

I called Serramonte today and nobody is answering.

So -

Is this normal?

Similar experience with me. They cancelled some orders bc they were trying to boost their quarterly numbers and gave your car away to someone else for faster delivery. Mine was also completely paid for; I also had a VIN and was one day away from getting insurance. It's shitty and immoral. It's normal for Tesla, but it's not a normal practice bc it just pissing the customers off. I feel ya, it blows. In the same boat.

Reactions: Rdrich
Yea, my date jumped to the exact same date as yours. I ordered a week after you in Canada. If it helps, from the tracker it seems that many people who ordered in May are getting their vehicles. Unless there's a big gap in the production time... I think we're next

Yea, my date jumped to the exact same date as yours. I ordered a week after you in Canada. If it helps, from the tracker it seems that many people who ordered in May are getting their vehicles. Unless there's a big gap in the production time... I think we're next
I made a similar post yesterday updating my delivery. I placed my order 5/22 so we're right within the same week of ordering.

Called my local Tesla rep, she was able to confirm that my vehicle should leave the Fremont factory by end of the month. Shipping to SoCal. It seems to fall in line with the spreadsheet. Lots of people who ordered the week before us already got their VIN assigned and already have delivery appointments. It seems like we're next in line but who knows right?

I made a similar post yesterday updating my delivery. I placed my order 5/22 so we're right within the same week of ordering.

Called my local Tesla rep, she was able to confirm that my vehicle should leave the Fremont factory by end of the month. Shipping to SoCal. It seems to fall in line with the spreadsheet. Lots of people who ordered the week before us already got their VIN assigned and already have delivery appointments. It seems like we're next in line but who knows right?
I also got the same info from my SA … I ordered a 7 days after you. Current EDD 7-13 weeks. I really don’t want to get my hopes up. Let’s see what happens?!