Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same issue, my SA ghosted me right after the $100 order deposit. Tried calling SA directly - voicemail. Tried calling local dealership directly - voicemail.

I then called Tesla directly via this # ( (888) 518-3752 ). They ask for a zip code which then paired me to my local dealership. Then did they finally pick up the call and I was able to speak to an actual human this time.

They told me my vehicle is prepped to leave the factory before end of month. They're able to see some soft data that you wouldn't be able to see.

Try calling that # and let me know how it goes!
Thanks I will try this later.

Can someone explain what the "cash down payment" is? I definitely didn't tell Tesla I wanted to make a down payment in that sorta random amount.
When I first reached out to my SA, she provided two spec sheets and the costs.

Perhaps this can help you figure out why the down payment you're seeing is a random number as opposed to the $4,500 down you see on the website. I don't have one for the SR+ though, unfortunately. Keep in mind this is a quote for California delivery.

When I was finishing my financing agreement, I was able to adjust my downpayment. I was able to get it well under $4,500 down.

Attachments

• Longrnm3.pdf
    103.1 KB · Views: 71
  • perfmo3Platform.pdf
    103.2 KB · Views: 109
I ordered the SR+ in early June. My delivery date says it is between 7/31 and 8/7 but I still have not had a Sales Advisor reach out. I am concerned that whoever I am assigned will drop the ball when it comes to notifying me of the actual delivery date and quite frankly for any issues that may crop up upon taking delivery.
Throughout my entire process, no one reached out to me until yesterday. EDD doesn't mean anything either cause it just changes everyday. However, once you get th TV prompt, thing swill start moving and someone will be in touch with you to tell you how they want their money.

When I first reached out to my SA, she provided two spec sheets and the costs.

Perhaps this can help you figure out why the down payment you're seeing is a random number as opposed to the $4,500 down you see on the website. I don't have one for the SR+ though, unfortunately. Keep in mind this is a quote for California delivery.

When I was finishing my financing agreement, I was able to adjust my downpayment. I was able to get it well under $4,500 down.
Whoops, I forgot to include the screenshot. I guess it's just part of the arbitrary $4,500 money due at pickup?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210717-163914_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210717-163914_Chrome~2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 126
View attachment 685461
View attachment 685463
Is Tesla still doing the wood trim on the door panels with recent deliveries? I’ve been watching some YouTube videos of the 2021 SR+ and I’m not seeing the wood door trim in some of the vehicles as seen on the Tesla configurator, or in the images above.
My understanding is that it is wood with the black interior and white panels with the white interior.

And I just checked again, and now I have a 1pm 29 July delivery appointment....I thought we had a choice for choosing a delivery date/time??
I thought that, too. After I made my final payment on 7/14, it automatically showed a 01 August appointment:

I called, no answer. Left a message, no call back. Texted my SA. He congratulated me, but did not advise anything. Sooo.. yeah. I assumed that delivery was within a day or two of VIN assignment, but I was wrong. Did not realize that delivery was still weeks after VIN. I’m nervous that the VIN will disappear like it has for some people.. and then the dreaded EDD dance will commence once again.

Attachments

• 1AD2B2B5-A1A5-47F4-85D9-70628C2DB328.png
    1AD2B2B5-A1A5-47F4-85D9-70628C2DB328.png
    418.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Informative
Reactions: oreobbq
I get that, but not all 2021 models have wood/white door trim pieces that continue from the dash trim. Take this video for example; no wood trim on the door even though 2021 models are supposed to have it.
Yeah this video is very old in comparison to the door change.
The best bet to get your type of answer is to search up all model 3 deliveries on yt in the past week and just look at the doors. All of them have the new doors. You’ll be fine haha

Super dissapointed right now, flew out to california to accept delivery. Was told it would be 7/15. One hour before delivery was texted that there was an "issue" with the car and got delayed to 7/18. Today got a text that it would be delayed to 7/19. Check again later and its now 7/20. Is this normal?

Super dissapointed right now, flew out to california to accept delivery. Was told it would be 7/15. One hour before delivery was texted that there was an "issue" with the car and got delayed to 7/18. Today got a text that it would be delayed to 7/19. Check again later and its now 7/20. Is this normal?
I had a friend who told me that this exact same situation happened to them and then there’s got completely pushed back a few weeks hopefully same thing doesn’t happen to you

That's awful... You should definitely try and get in contact with an actual rep in person or over the phone to get this pushed to the top.

Same here, no VIN update but my date didn't get pushed back.

July 18 - July 31 now!
Got an email today Titled: "Your new Tesla Virtual Orientation". Anyone know if this is any indication on Delivery Date?
If you have complicated questions about out of state registration or trade in documents, etc, maybe. A lot of what they mentioned was more of less covered from everyone's stories here :) I came with the hope that it would somehow mean I am closer to delivery but left disappointed.

It was on Teams so you can chat/speak your mind and get a real time answer from your local Tesla staff. It was all of 30 minutes.
My EDD has stayed steady at 8/26-9/15 for the last few days and no change this morning. Still not sure why I got bumped an entire month to the left this month, but it doesn’t seem like reason has anything to do with it lol

After 3 days of Aug 20 - Sep 9, it added a day, now at Aug 21 - Sep 10. Seems like it is narrowing down to this date range. Ordered 7/3. My SA didn't have any insight besides saying this matches up with the original estimate when the order was placed.