Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
at least for me the tesla website updates my within 200 mile range before tesla-info though. I'm using tesla-info to see if any cars show up in California outside my range though.
Tesla-info is the quickest of all the scrapers I've used but even they have some lag time between a new Tesla listing to the time it shows up on the site.

I've seen cars get snatched up before it even makes it to Tesla-info.

Reactions: megansblonde
My head hurts trying to understand how they're releasing cars to inventory but also making us wait for weeks on end...
If you do grab an inventory car, do you have to start a new credit app/hard pull?
I agree! I couldn’t understand it either. I was able to get one and yes it’s like starting a new order. You gotta put the initial $100.00 again. Then a new credit app/hard pull .

My head hurts trying to understand how they're releasing cars to inventory but also making us wait for weeks on end...
If you do grab an inventory car, do you have to start a new credit app/hard pull?
Well to be fair, no. Once they have you approved, thats that. Your financing isn’t linked to any particular vehicle, its just approval for the amount.
Like in my case, I have a draft check for my amount and thats what I’m using for my inventory. Same as the one for my original RN.
I’m not sure how tesla financing works with the one you applied for on the payment page with their preferred lenders but it should be the same process. You call them up and they just move the financing over to the new vehicle and you cover the difference in cost if any.
Idk why that other person said yes theres another hard pull. Thats not how things work with loans lol

Also for some clarity around financing. My original order was placed in February. Unfortunately, I was not approved for financing and was trying to find an outside lender. While that was happening, I got the call my car was ready to be picked up. It was only like 2-3 weeks after I ordered. I placed the order on hold rather than scramble and have a bunch of hard pulls. Now I’m slightly frustrated because it’s going on 2+ months of waiting and I’m going to have hard pulls on my credit again but I keep telling myself the car is worth it!

So I don’t believe the EDD or delivery has anything to do with trade in reprocessing or even having financing.

Well to be fair, no. Once they have you approved, thats that. Your financing isn’t linked to any particular vehicle, its just approval for the amount.
Like in my case, I have a draft check for my amount and thats what I’m using for my inventory. Same as the one for my original RN.
I’m not sure how tesla financing works with the one you applied for on the payment page with their preferred lenders but it should be the same process. You call them up and they just move the financing over to the new vehicle and you cover the difference in cost if any.
Idk why that other person said yes theres another hard pull. Thats not how things work with loans lol
I'm actually leasing so I was curious if it was any different. I can't find anything in inventory anyways so it doesn't really matter!

An update:

After my 7/11 post, the EDD would bounce between July 18-Aug 6 and the standard 8-12 weeks.

On 7/17, I checked the myaccount page around 7am and got the Tesla Vision prompt. The page had my VIN populated. About 1 hour later I got a text saying that my car was being delivered to the service center (Stockton, CA) with a link to schedule the pickup. I could pick a time between 7/22 and 7/25. As soon as I selected my pickup date/time, I got an email saying that I needed to go to the myaccount and pay the amount due (only $2400ish, the rest is financed) before the scheduled pickup date. After that was done, myaccount said that I would receive the final loan documents 24 hours before my pickup date.

So far, so good!
Last update. I was scheduled for 7/22 pickup and got a call this morning that my car was ready a day early so I picked it up this afternoon. No paint or panel gap issues. No floormats. Came with a polished "Model 3" rear license plate frame which was unexpected. I was also worried that they would mount the front license plate bracket, but that was left in the trunk.

Here's the obligatory picture - old school with new school!

Attachments

• Tesla Day 1.png
    Tesla Day 1.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 142
EDD has been crazy ordered june 2nd it changes everyday back 1 day - MSM/Black

Extended Order Status v0.2.1.9​

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned
  • Previous VINs: None

Delivery​

• Delivery date: August 05 - August 22
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • August 04 - August 22
    • August 03 - August 22
    • August 02 - August 22
    • July 31 - August 18
    • July 30 - August 16
    • July 29 - August 16
    • July 27 - August 16
    • July 26 - August 15
    • July 23 - August 06
    • July 28 - August 17

Reactions: curlette461

VIN​

• VIN: 5YJ3E1EA9Mxxxxxxx

Delivery​

• Delivery date: July 23 - July 26
    • July 20 - July 26
    • July 22 - July 28
    • July 24 - July 30
    • July 20 - August 09
    • 8-12 weeks
    • July 20 - August 09
    • 9-13 weeks
    • July 20 - August 09
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 14 - August 03
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 14 - August 03
    • July 08 - July 28
    • July 09 - July 29
    • July 13 - August 02
    • July 19 - August 08
My dates moved slightly. The car is expected to reach delivery center on 7/23. Earliest pickup option 7/25 - I am scheduled to pick up my M3SR+ MSM with no add-ons. Looking forward to the pick and hoping for a smooth, no issues delivery experience.

EDD has been crazy ordered june 2nd it changes everyday back 1 day - MSM/Black

VIN​

• VIN: Not assigned

Delivery​

• Delivery date: August 05 - August 22
    • August 04 - August 22
    • August 03 - August 22
    • August 02 - August 22
    • July 31 - August 18
    • July 30 - August 16
    • July 29 - August 16
    • July 27 - August 16
    • July 26 - August 15
    • July 23 - August 06
    • July 28 - August 17
I ordered on the 21st of June and mine is doing the same, one day every day ha ha

Just got the Text and Email to schedule delivery. I was able to select July 25, 26 or 27. I am picking up on July 25 at 2.30 pm:

Your Model 3 is on its way to your delivery center and ready to be scheduled for delivery.
Select your delivery appointment now at www.tesla.com/schedule/RN1150xxxx
Please reach out to your local sales team if you have any questions.
Thank you! I’ll keep an eye on the site
Oof that's really far out for a May order.

Best of luck to you. Hope we get ours this week.
Just ordered my Model 3 SR+ yesterday night to be delivered to Vancouver. EDD changed from 7-13 weeks to August 22 - September 21 this morning.
Those have been also my dates for the past week,BUT I ordered on 6/2.

Reactions: Tesconnect