Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I considered it, but with the tire pressure monitoring and the frequency I have gotten a flat in the past 5 years, I didn't think it was worth the extra weight. Just going to keep a compressor/goo kit on board. Only use the goo in an emergency if you can't get somewhere to fix the tire.
Thanks! I have that on my list to check out too while I wait.

Putting this out there again..

Does anyone in New Jersey area need a SR + white/white with 19in sport wheels for immediate delivery? I originally ordered on 7/8 but needed a car ASAP so I found an in-inventory one out in Florida. It cost me $1000 transportation and $100 new order fee to get it early.

My original order received a vin last week and is on its way here now. Being that I already purchased the in-inventory one, I do not need this one. I am looking to re-coupe my transportation fee of $1000. I will go with you to the dealer to transfer the VIN to your order. Pick-up location is Paramus NJ. I have a delivery date for 8/26. Car is eligible for the $5,000 NJ rebate (already shows up in my account).

Message me on here if anyone is interested. I will provide proof of $1000 transportation fee if needed. (For those who are looking for an in-inventory car around NJ, you will have to pay a transportation fee if its not within 200 miles so you might as well take this one if you are willing to pay a transportation fee. The transportation fee goes up to $2500 for cars that are on the west coast).

Has anyone purchased a spare tire for their Tesla Model 3 from ModernSpare tire? Currently looking at options since a spare isn’t included with the car.
When I go on long trips, I bring a tire plug kit and a 12V compressor. Some people like to use Slime goo, but I don't like it because (1) some will ruin the tire pressure monitoring sensor, and (2) the goo is extremely temporary use and requires immediate tire repair while a tire plugs can last for a really long time.

Even if you buy a spare tire, it will take up a lot of room in the trunk. Plus you still need the space for a telescoping wrench (factory spec is 129 ft-lbs), jack, and compressor/pump. At that point, might want to consider a full service spare.

Reactions: KirtBall
Spoke with an SA today who mentioned that they were prioritizing orders with complete profiles and for states like FL where you need a VIN, they suggested to add your existing information on the website. They know the wording says otherwise but suggested to do that to expedite the process. It doesn’t hurt but hoping that it helps your orders out!
For anyone financing, probably a good idea to choose "cash" as payment method to complete your profile, then when you get the TeslaVision prompt and a VIN, to reach out to your SA and switch back to financing and start the official finance application process. That way you avoid getting possibly double-dinged for multiple credit inquires if your initial offers expire.

Reactions: fayeznajeeb
For anyone financing, probably a good idea to choose "cash" as payment method to complete your profile, then when you get the TeslaVision prompt and a VIN, to reach out to your SA and switch back to financing and start the official finance application process. That way you avoid getting possibly double-dinged for multiple credit inquires if your initial offers expire.
How long are the offers good for? I was approved for financing on 5/31 but it doesn’t look like anything has expired yet. Will they wait until I have a VIN to hit it again or is it a certain number of days?

When I go on long trips, I bring a tire plug kit and a 12V compressor. Some people like to use Slime goo, but I don't like it because (1) some will ruin the tire pressure monitoring sensor, and (2) the goo is extremely temporary use and requires immediate tire repair while a tire plugs can last for a really long time.

Even if you buy a spare tire, it will take up a lot of room in the trunk. Plus you still need the space for a telescoping wrench (factory spec is 129 ft-lbs), jack, and compressor/pump. At that point, might want to consider a full service spare.
I had a flat coming down from the Bay Area on my ICE vehicle earlier this year. My tire profile setup was 245/35/20 and that setup is like a rubber band. Potholes on the I-5 were rampant after recent stormy weather.

I'm thinking if I'm on the stock 18" Aero wheels I shouldn't have any issues with potholes. The bigger culprit would be slow leaks from punctures. This is why I'm most likely going to only carry a plug/compressor.

Hey everyone, long-time lurker, first-time poster. It's been a long 57 days since I ordered. No updates of any value. Current EDD is 9.10-30.

Config: Black/Black SR+ Standard Wheels
Ordered: 5.21
EDD: 9.10-30 (earliest EDD was 8.6)
No VIN, no nothing...

Finally broke down and emailed my SA to see if they can give me any more insight. Maybe the squeaky wheel strategy will help?

How long are the offers good for? I was approved for financing on 5/31 but it doesn’t look like anything has expired yet. Will they wait until I have a VIN to hit it again or is it a certain number of days?

I asked an SA about this. He hadn't heard of loan offer expiration dates and I had to read the fine print verbatim to him from the website. He said they would not be letting the loan offers expire citing the current delays as extenuating circumstances.

Take that for what it's worth —

Reactions: Clinterific
Most are good for either 30 or 60 days...depends on the lender. Tesla had to run my credit again as the day of my delivery was scheduled on the last day my initial financing offer from US Bank was valid. I guess they need a buffer in case they can't finish the loan paperwork until the next day? I dunno.

Reactions: Clinterific
I asked an SA about this. He hadn't heard of loan offer expiration dates and I had to read the fine print verbatim to him from the website. He said they would not be letting the loan offers expire citing the current delays as extenuating circumstances.

Take that for what it's worth —
I live in Canada, but my loan offer was valid for 30 days. It actually expired yesterday, and I panicked because I'm scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Thankfully, my SA contacted their financing department and got my previous offer back within an hour.

Been lurking here for a while. Ordered 7/20/21. SR+ Blue/Black, no options. EDD went from 8/6 - 9/4, to 9/15 - 9/30, then no date for a while. Now I'm sitting at 10/16 - 11/5 for several days. A little discouraged by the shift...

I've added my generic insurance info (NC requires VIN) to see if that does, in fact, make a difference with prioritization.

Not much luck with existing inventory in my general area.

Patience.
Same build 7/22 order date. My dates went from 9/6-9/16 to 9/16-9/30 to 10/2-10/22. Southern California

Hey everyone, long-time lurker, first-time poster. It's been a long 57 days since I ordered. No updates of any value. Current EDD is 9.10-30.

Config: Black/Black SR+ Standard Wheels
Ordered: 5.21
EDD: 9.10-30 (earliest EDD was 8.6)
No VIN, no nothing...

Finally broke down and emailed my SA to see if they can give me any more insight. Maybe the squeaky wheel strategy will help?

Doubt an email will help speed anything up. I have a 6/22 order and am still waiting. My EDD says 8/19 to 8/30/21 ... not holding my breath its constantly moving every which direction. I got white/black/aero wheel/no FSD at the Buena Park Location.

I ordered a midnight silver metallic/white/ no fsd SR+ on 8/13/2021, when I placed the order it said EDD January 2022, in a day or two that updated to Nov 10 - Dec 10, now it is Nov 1 - Nov 21. I am in Canada, picking up in Surrey, BC. Financing and everything all approved and accepted. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Mattyboy
I ordered a midnight silver metallic/white/ no fsd SR+ on 8/13/2021, when I placed the order it said EDD January 2022, in a day or two that updated to Nov 10 - Dec 10, now it is Nov 1 - Nov 21. I am in Canada, picking up in Surrey, BC. Financing and everything all approved and accepted. Fingers crossed!
I ordered an SR+ on 8/12 and it was initially a January delivery estimate, it moved to Oct-Nov, then to Nov-Dec all within 5 days. So sometime within the quarter! Lol. I kind of don't mind if it comes in January because of the unsettled EV credit that congress is trying to determine.

I guess we're more likely to get the credit if we accept delivery in 2022. It's all unknown of course, but I could see them cutting the budget reconciliation spending because of moderate Dems and they will take out the retroactive $7500 for purchases after May 24, 2021. Certainly hope that's not the case.