Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for people that had ordered a NCA SR+ and paid the $100 order fee but then went ahead and placed an order for the LFP SR+ and ended up paying a $250 order fee...

Being that this was a order fee and not deposit, doesn’t it a feel a little wrong that Tesla technically raised the price of our order by $150 to get the car earlier? Shouldn’t the order fee be the same as the original $100 if that’s what our original order fee was? (I checked the MVPA and it’s definitely a fee and not deposit)

Question for people that had ordered a NCA SR+ and paid the $100 order fee but then went ahead and placed an order for the LFP SR+ and ended up paying a $250 order fee...

Being that this was a order fee and not deposit, doesn’t it a feel a little wrong that Tesla technically raised the price of our order by $150 to get the car earlier? Shouldn’t the order fee be the same as the original $100 if that’s what our original order fee was? (I checked the MVPA and it’s definitely a fee and not deposit)
Gotta pay to play.

Reactions: NB Hip fan
Am I crazy that I didn’t jump at a LFP and kept my NCA order? Still looking at 10/16-11/5 EDD. Maybe I will drive myself crazy by waiting.
Yes, unless you live in somewhere uncomfortably cold then maybe not. My old EDD was also late oct through early nov but I convinced myself that I will lose my mind and my right pointer finger from refreshing the order page 30+ times a day.

Maybe they will do another inventory dump later though.

Reactions: haloHalo45

My SA said they would apply it to my order. Whatever that means lol.

They will apply your $100 from your previous order to your new order. If it has not happened yet for you, please reach out to your SA.

I don't believe you were supposed to place a "new order" my sa just assigned a lfp Vin to my existing order. I didn't have to do anything except tell him I wanted an lfp m3

I ordered my M3 SR+ from the inventory today and my SA was able to transfer my $100 from my original purchase to my new one and I never got the email.
Did you do this in person or over the phone? I didn't find any directions as to how this would happen so I'm afraid of canceling my initial order before getting an answer from Tesla. Nobody is answering their phones this weekend.

Did you do this in person or over the phone? I didn't find any directions as to how this would happen so I'm afraid of canceling my initial order before getting an answer from Tesla. Nobody is answering their phones this weekend.
Don't cancel your order. If you cancel it you technically forfeit your $100 per agreement. Contact your SA (or use the chat function to have your SA call you back) and they can transfer the $100 over.

Reactions: usmc70
For those of you in San Diego who ordered in the last few days, I just called Carlsbad and they quoted my car as still being pre-production. Delivery window is 9/3 to 9/12 on my account. They said it will likely be another 1-2 weeks from today. Ordered a M3 SR+ in white with black interior.
My sister in law order on 8/26 and transferred her order to my name yesterday, and I will be taking delivery on Thursday in Carlsbad. Same configuration as yours.

Don’t cancel it yourself, your SA should do it for you. Your SA should’ve asked you if you want to cancel or keep your original order. I texted my SA right after I placed my order so he’s aware. I mentioned to him about the $100 from my initial order and he transferred it for me.

I spoke to my SA today. He said the SC said the “update” should arrive tomorrow and then they just need to apply it to the car, so there is a possibility delivery could happen Thursday…. which is literally my only day off, so that’s perfect. 😬

I went crazy on Amazon last night ordering car mats, liners, and a screen protector. Anyone else order anything in preparation?
I went crazy on amazon too lol, I ordered floor mats, and screen protector. I also ordered the mud flaps from the tesla website before it sold out again… oh and their $30 organizer.