Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a delivery appt scheduled for Friday for a while now. I never selected this time, and no one contacted me about a day/time.

I told myself I'd wait until today to reach out about some questions I had, if I hadn't heard anything from a very unresponsive advisor for my LFP order. I called the number listed for the Charlotte location, and ultimately spoke with someone in Atlanta after a lengthy wait.

Both my orders appear on my account page. I was told that cancelling and handling the credit for my original order would be addressed when the final agreement was available, and the credit itself is applied inconsistently. Some are getting checks for the $250 order fee. Others are receiving a $100 credit towards the $250 order fee.

I was told my car is on site, and is awaiting a firmware update, which should be done no later than Friday. He said to expect a call from Charlotte 2 days before delivery ("that's what we do in Atlanta"), and no less than a day before. He followed up by saying to just show up for my appointment if I didn't hear anything, which isn't incredibly encouraging... He did say that virtually all team members at a given location are trying to get these LFP cars ready for delivery.

He verified my referral code did not appear on my second order, and he put in a request to fix that.

Just some random info someone might find interesting/useful.

Reactions: asquared17
Well got this text a little bit ago on my LFP order from Saturday. Now I have to wait for my drivers license to come in the mail since I had to renew it (my card showed that expired May of last year but Illinois has extended that until January of next year). Once I get that this week or next then I can finish the registration process and apply for the loan. Hopefully everything works out
Screenshot_20210907-161702_Messages.png

Last edited:
Well got this text a little bit ago on my LFP order from Saturday. Now I have to wait for my drivers license to come in the mail since I had to renew it (my card showed that expired May of last year but Illinois has extended that until January of next year). Once I get that this week or next then I can finish the registration process and apply for the loan. Hopefully everything works out
View attachment 706429
Wow... very proactive. My car edd is 9/8 to 9/13. All paid for and agreements signed... no scheduling. I've asked and they tell me that they will reach out.

I ordered the White exterior with white/black combo with Aero wheels. what was your combo?If it has a VIN does it mean it has been built? And hope yours comes this week!!!My rep said this month, hoping for more detailed news!!
Thanks! Getting the vin I believe it means it’s being built. I’m getting the white on black with 19” wheels (going for the Apple of cars look 😎)

Wow... very proactive. My car edd is 9/8 to 9/13. All paid for and agreements signed... no scheduling. I've asked and they tell me that they will reach out.
Yeah actually I've had an up and down experience with ordering. First I ordered in mid June at the end of Q2 rush. I thought it might take me 2-3 months to get my car so I placed the order. 3 days later I have a VIN and a delivery date of the week after. I had to cancel cause I wasn't anywhere near ready. So I reactivated my order at the end of July. I kept getting a September window for a couple weeks and then it spiked to December-January. Now I ordered this 4 days ago and I am pretty much all set again. I have not even communicated with Tesla's service center or customer service. Hopefully this is the one though.

View attachment 706429
I uploaded my temporary paper driver's license and the online system accepted it.