Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday got a text to schedule delivery for Friday, this morning got a confirmation call and just now I received another call saying that my backup camera is still not fixed and they need more time, so they pushed it another week for now. Incredibly frustrating as I don't currently own a car and need a car for work this weekend and Tesla won't pay for a rental
See if they will offer an overnight test drive for the weekend.

I finally got a delivery appointment for Saturday in Coral Gables after calling every day since my car got there on 9/3. Now just hoping there are no major issues or they don’t change the appointment.

With door alignment and panel gaps and paint etc, are they good at fixing them in service or should I refuse it?

Also anyone who got their LFP already, did it come with floor mats like the MIC version? If not, what is recommended?
Mine didn’t come with any sort of mats. I had ordered the maxpider full set on Amazon and they came in 3 separate orders from 3 separate businesses. They came a few days after I took delivery and I just got around to putting them in the car this morning. The whole set was relatively expensive ($450ish) in my opinion, but I needed something now. If you can wait a couple weeks I would look up Tesla Shields, they post on TMC. They’re currently back ordered, but they are running a 30% off promotion to make up for the delay. Once they’re in stock that will go away. From what I’ve read on here, those who have bought their stuff are happy. With the 30% off, the pricing is around $264 shipped. Not bad.

Last edited:
All SR+ orders going forward are LFP in United States. If you have a Vehicle that says 262 Miles when purchased its LFP Vehicle. It was 252 miles before a software update where Normally the SR+ Vehicles have 55.6 KWh Battery. Now the Available Battery Before was 50 KWh, where the car kept 5KWh in Reserve. With the new Update it Only Keeps 2Kwh In reserve, so that they can say the EPA Range in 262 Miles Instead of 252 Miles before the Update. NCA Vehicles have a range of 263 Miles with a 5Kwh Reserve. Because of the New Battery Chemistry and the Fact they need to but more batteries in terms of both Volume and Weight into the Vehicle, the build is 250 Pounds heavier then the NCA Build. People still seem to be Enjoying the Vehicles the same and can't really notice a difference. And the perks of having a overall longer lasting battery in terms of Longevity and having more Recharge cycles with being able to Charge to 100% without as much damage as a NCA build is a big plus. LFP Batteries don't seem to do well in the Cold weather though. so Its a bit of a trade of, it basically what works best for you and your situation,.
Thanks for this great explanation! My car is set for home delivery tomorrow morning.

Reactions: MysterJ
I switched to an "Inventory" LFP car on August 27. The VIN was immediately in my account and delivery window was September 1-7. But, starting September 2, the delivery window started moving backward one day at a time. I emailed my sales advisor who told me this was due to a software update. Then silence. Yesterday the delivery window update to September 8-11 and likely would have gone to September 9-12 today.

This morning, I stopped at my local store, where I would be taking delivery. They told me that with the LFP vehicles, the system will not automatically schedule a delivery - a person needs to do it (and my sales advisor was away from the office). So the local store set my delivery for this weekend. He also told me to wait to pay and sign the agreements until the morning of delivery.
adding @andydandy14 for visibility on this !

Reactions: andydandy14
OMG! Finishing up a Bolt buyback because of the recall - packet due to the dealership on Saturday. I pretty much made up my mind on the 3 SR+, but planned to look at the Y tomorrow just to be certain. Saw the exact 3 SR+ I want in local inventory and pulled the trigger figuring it would still take a couple weeks/months and I could probably change my mind/order if I wanted. EDD is between today and Sunday! I know that might change, but it'll definitely be sooner than I was expecting. Exciting/surreal/etc.!

Another Paramus/Springfield update - I was able to get an appt for Friday at 10AM at Paramus, as my car was supposed to be transported from Springfield to Paramus tomorrow. They just called to say that transport has been delayed but they could arrange for me to pick up from Springfield on Friday instead if I wanted to do that. Really appreciate them offering that since I previously mentioned in my email to them that I'd really like to have the car by this weekend, and Springfield and Paramus are basically the same distance from me. Hopefully no more changes at this point, but don't expect any since the car has been sitting at the Springfield location for about a week now. :)
Getting a bit frustrated. Had appt for 9/4 @ 3pm at Paramus to pickup my M3 SR+. Then got cancelled due to Paramus implosion. Days later told would be picking up in Springfield instead. That dragged on for days. Then they told me car was in transit. They then told me car in transit to Paramus. Paramus telling me car won't be ready til next week or the week after that! What the heck happened?

Getting a bit frustrated. Had appt for 9/4 @ 3pm at Paramus to pickup my M3 SR+. Then got cancelled due to Paramus implosion. Days later told would be picking up in Springfield instead. That dragged on for days. Then they told me car was in transit. They then told me car in transit to Paramus. Paramus telling me car won't be ready til next week or the week after that! What the heck happened?
That doesn't make sense.. the only thing I can think of is that your car was already at the Paramus location when the hurricane hit and it therefore got damaged? I thought someone on here said all the cars on the lot were considered totaled and that their VIN even reflected that. Is it possible they had to get an entirely different car shipped out for you?

My situation may be different since my car hadn't yet reached Paramus when the hurricane hit.

Did you received your EDD? I also ordered on 9/3 SF Bay Area from "existing inventory" but no EDD yet. :(
Contacted Tesla Sales but was told they cannot track the vehicle. 😟
Anyone from SF Bay Area who ordered on 9/3 from existing inventory and received EDD ?
I ordered on 9/3 and have no EDD either. California orders have the lowest priority and will most likely being delivered by end of September.

That doesn't make sense.. the only thing I can think of is that your car was already at the Paramus location when the hurricane hit and it therefore got damaged? I thought someone on here said all the cars on the lot were considered totaled and that their VIN even reflected that. Is it possible they had to get an entirely different car shipped out for you?

My situation may be different since my car hadn't yet reached Paramus when the hurricane hit.
No mention of damage. Just stuck in transit. If new VIN they would need to tell me cause I already have insurance on the initial VIN.

Did you received your EDD? I also ordered on 9/3 SF Bay Area from "existing inventory" but no EDD yet. :(
Contacted Tesla Sales but was told they cannot track the vehicle. 😟
How did you contact the Sales ? I have been emailing my SA, but no response from them yet. Tried all numbers of Tesla that I could possibly search on internet and calls keep asking me to leave them a voice message for sales dept. When I do that no one responds to them either :(

How did you contact the Sales ? I have been emailing my SA, but no response from them yet. Tried all numbers of Tesla that I could possibly search on internet and calls keep asking me to leave them a voice message for sales dept. When I do that no one responds to them either :(
Schedule a test drive with Tesla at the DC. After you come back, tell them you have already reserved and want more info.

Reactions: nikha
for me the best contact method was to chat and ask the person to ask SA to get back to me (yeah, took 4 times, but worked at the end).

Reactions: nikha