Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost the same, EDD changed for the first time in a month from Jan 25 - Feb 28th to Jan 28 - Feb 9 today.

9/3 order date
Blue, Black, Aero, no FSD
Toronto
After seeing the EDD narrowed and receiving the trade-in text today I decided to stop by my local showroom after work and talk with an advisor (not mine, just a random one) about the order. He was helpful and passed along the following info, might be useful for others in Toronto/Ontario who are waiting:

1) My car is scheduled to be built on Jan 28th so it hasn't been assigned a VIN, that'll come at the end of the month
2) It will take at least a week to arrive in Toronto, he said plan for the delivery to be closer to Feb 9th than Feb 1st. This will be the first shipment of Model 3s (SR+) into Toronto in a while.
3) He said these Model 3s are all being built with the Ryzen chip and that mine will have it. (I asked if he was sure since it seemed many online were getting it randomly and he said yes).
4) Model 3s delivered to Toronto (and I assume all of Canada) have mud flaps installed at the local service center before delivery. He mentioned sometimes they run out of stock but since the early-Feb cars are the first deliveries there should be more than enough.
5) Confirmed all the new updates like heated seats/wheel, LFP battery and that my original Sept. order price + $5000 EV rebate are still valid. No reason to think they wouldn't be honoured but nice to know for sure.
6) Forgot to ask if there's any carpet mats, I've heard conflicting info of them sometimes coming with the base Model 3s.

So looks like about 3-4 weeks until delivery! After 5 months of waiting it feels a little surreal.

After seeing the EDD narrowed and receiving the trade-in text today I decided to stop by my local showroom after work and talk with an advisor (not mine, just a random one) about the order. He was helpful and passed along the following info, might be useful for others in Toronto/Ontario who are waiting:

1) My car is scheduled to be built on Jan 28th so it hasn't been assigned a VIN, that'll come at the end of the month
2) It will take at least a week to arrive in Toronto, he said plan for the delivery to be closer to Feb 9th than Feb 1st. This will be the first shipment of Model 3s (SR+) into Toronto in a while.
3) He said these Model 3s are all being built with the Ryzen chip and that mine will have it. (I asked if he was sure since it seemed many online were getting it randomly and he said yes).
4) Model 3s delivered to Toronto (and I assume all of Canada) have mud flaps installed at the local service center before delivery. He mentioned sometimes they run out of stock but since the early-Feb cars are the first deliveries there should be more than enough.
5) Confirmed all the new updates like heated seats/wheel, LFP battery and that my original Sept. order price + $5000 EV rebate are still valid. No reason to think they wouldn't be honoured but nice to know for sure.
6) Forgot to ask if there's any carpet mats, I've heard conflicting info of them sometimes coming with the base Model 3s.

So looks like about 3-4 weeks until delivery! After 5 months of waiting it feels a little surreal.
Great info.. thanks. Somewhat off topic but also related.. all weather floor mats are back in stock.

Damn...is he really sure about that info about Ryzen? That means there could be a specific cutover date to go from Intel to AMD...? And for some of us with deliveries at the end of January, we might just miss it...

Thanks for this great intel. I am seeing a trend here of 2 week windows starting end of January to mid-Feb. For me, mine narrowed to 26 January- 9 February for Oakville pick up location. OD 01 September. SR+ white/black/aero no FSD
I can't wait to never pump gas in the freezing cold Canadian winter!!! All hail the home based EV charger !

Great intel my friend. Thank you. Great to know about Ryzen. Imteresting to know abput the mud flaps. I actually bouggt mud flaps from Amazon . Lol. I might have to return it now. Hahaha. Btw everyone my EDD changed to Feb 4 to March 4 today. It was Feb 26 to March 26 before. OD 28 Sept. Our cars coming soon folks. Few more Weeks.

Reactions: Snowluo21
Here she is.. Took delivery in Richmond, BC today and already drove 100+ Kms today lol..!

Unfortunately, it’s only intel chip but I don’t care after waiting for 5 months.

Attachments

• E730EB93-BB83-4BBB-A658-905206769CA2.jpeg
    E730EB93-BB83-4BBB-A658-905206769CA2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 118

I heard they started putting in the ryzen late in December but only in certain cars as they were changing things over, whereas from Jan 11 onward they all have it. I did read about the mud flaps included for Canada but I heard only the front were included. I didn't hear about the mats, I have a set so I'll need to return if they get installed. Hopefully they have the LI ion battery, I think they do. I hope (though doubt) they have the double pane rear glass.

Hi everyone, I've been watching this forum for awhile and thought I would add my data in case anyone find it useful:

Order date: Sept 26, 2021
Config: SR, white/white, 18 aero
Pickup: Kitchener, ON
Current EDD: Jan 29 - Feb 26 (had been Jan 11 - Feb 8 up until a couple of days ago)

No VIN assigned or embedded in the website code.

I'm happy to continue to keep everyone posted as things develop.

It feels like we are on the home stretch!
Thanks for sharing. I'm in a very similar boat actually.

Order date: October 11, 2021
Same config and pickup location.
I have had an EDD of Jan 29 to Feb 26 for the past month or two.

Reactions: Nowhere Man
I just looked at a picture of cjmod3's m3 that he received today in BC and does not look like any mudflaps are included. maybe he can chime in to confirm.
I actually dont like the OEM mud flaps. Absolutely hate it. Lol. If for Toronto it is something they put on before delivery i might ask them not to. Also it only covers the front not rear. I got after market 4 sets which looks so much better .