Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Capture.PNG

interesting choice.... crazy rwd vs performance... one with auto and one with fsd...

Reactions: RPYT
I did this as well. Have a Model 3 which I set as cash and a Model Y LR I did financing. For the Model Y I had an EDD in June but when my financing expired on the Y it switched all the way to August. Switched it to Cash immediately and got my June time frame back.
Did you select financing through Tesla or through a third party? I currently have financing through a third party selected. Wondering if it's financing in general or financing through Tesla that could be bumping EDDs back.

Did you select financing through Tesla or through a third party? I currently have financing through a third party selected. Wondering if it's financing in general or financing through Tesla that could be bumping EDDs back.
Completing the account maybe one of the reasons bumping the EDD. However, my account has been complete and on cash since day one (9/16) and my EDD has been Jun-Jul since mid February. So its not the only reason.

I did financing through Tesla. I would think that as long as Telsa believes payment is ready for the car it will not change the date. Since Tesla's finance offer expires after 60 days the car automatically goes unfunded at which point payment is no longer ready and they modify the EDD date.

Like how is this possible.. Same exact build, no FSD, no hold with OD: 8/16, ordered over a month earlier and I was moved to May-June this morning.

I love Tesla, but this process has been beyond belief. I understand the circumstances of supply chain, but the fact that I’m getting passed over is absurd.
It could be the end of the quarter push? Tesla usually push cars in California to increase their numbers. I give it a 20% chance that I'll get it this month.

I see that a lot of East-Coast members had their delivery dates moved up to the end of March over the last few weeks but now their dates got pushed back to April-June. On the other hand, a lot of SoCal members got their dates moved from April/May to the end of March. I'm wondering if Tesla realized they will not have time to ship the cars all the way to the East coast and decided to play it safe by sending them closer to the Fremont factory.

Reactions: alset3000
I see that a lot of East-Coast members had their delivery dates moved up to the end of March over the last few weeks but now their dates got pushed back to April-June. On the other hand, a lot of SoCal members got their dates moved from April/May to the end of March. I'm wondering if Tesla realized they will not have time to ship the cars all the way to the East coast and decided to play it safe by sending them closer to the Fremont factory.
Delivery typically goes east to west, with those closer to the Fremont factory being last of the quarter.

Delivery typically goes east to west, with those closer to the Fremont factory being last of the quarter.

The word is typically.. I'm in Florida I have a M3RWD delivery on March 28th. A friend has his white MYLR on the March29-30th.... and I transferred a red/white MYP that has a delivery date of March 21st. I think Tesla is a well oiled machines that is constantly delivering. The cars that roll off in the last two weeks of March are probably delivered to CA residents.

Reactions: RPYT
The word is typically.. I'm in Florida I have a M3RWD delivery on March 28th. A friend has his white MYLR on the March29-30th.... and I transferred a red/white MYP that has a delivery date of March 21st. I think Tesla is a well oiled machines that is constantly delivering. The cars that roll off in the last two weeks of March are probably delivered to CA residents.
Yup. Deliveries are constantly happening and the bulk goes from east to west to ensure delivery to those that are further from the factory.

Just got an updated delivery window of 2 weeks... I hope this date stays as is..

1st Delivery Date - Order Date Oct8 - July 2022
2nd Delivery Date - Updated Nov 06 - Jan to Feb 2022
3rd Delivery Date - Updated Dec 02 - Feb 26 - Mar 26
4th Delivery Date - Updated Feb08 - April 11 to May 09
5th Delivery Date - Updated Mar15 - March 19 to March 31
My old edd was March 15 to March 28th. As usual I waited until midnight PST for EDD to switch . It did not. Then I checked at 6 am and still same EDD. Checked again at 7 am and EDD was still the same. At 7:17 am I checked again and EDD then bumped 4 days as it has previously done on two EDDs. Now the EDD is March 20-March 29th. This is the shortest EDD I have had.

My old edd was March 15 to March 28th. As usual I waited until midnight PST for EDD to switch . It did not. Then I checked at 6 am and still same EDD. Checked again at 7 am and EDD was still the same. At 7:17 am I checked again and EDD then bumped 4 days as it has previously done on two EDDs. Now the EDD is March 20-March 29th. This is the shortest EDD I have had.
Same location as you but my EDD is still showing as March 16-29th as of this morning. Expect it to change tomorrow, as always. Hope it would not push back to April.