Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got VIN just now. OD: 9/27. White/Black/18”. Was on hold till 12/27. Good luck for everyone waiting. Is there a way to find out if battery is LFP or ION using VIN?
Same config as you. I have an earlier OD but on hold until January. Fingers crossed my dates move up. Planned on having the car ready when my son comes back from basic training next week but that's not happening. Will need to share a car until then.

Got VIN just now. OD: 9/27. White/Black/18”. Was on hold till 12/27. Good luck for everyone waiting. Is there a way to find out if battery is LFP or ION using VIN?
On the webpage it should have some "lower acceleration" warning and an information on the new range (272)... I had to click Accept & Continue on the Tesla webpage after I received my VIN.

I also held (but not for BBB - I found and bought a demo Y right before the Model 3) and unheld due to threatening e-mail.

On the webpage it should have some "lower acceleration" warning and an information on the new range (272)... I had to click Accept & Continue on the Tesla webpage after I received my VIN.

I also held (but not for BBB - I found and bought a demo Y right before the Model 3) and unheld due to threatening e-mail.
Yes I accepted lower acceleration. But once we complete pre delivery tasks, would the delivery dates pushed to earlier dates? Or the window we get after VIN are the final delivery dates?

Hello - I seem to be in a unique situation. Ordered a BLACK Model 3 RWD with standard wheels and no extras from Tesla Langley, BC on NOV 15 2021 and the original estimate for delivery was given as June 22 which was later advanced to February, then March but is now showing up as July 11 -August 08 2022. I had chosen to finance the car and submitted everything except the actual credit application. Have I wasted 4 months by sitting on this and should I change to "cash" option ? Why is my order not moving - Even if I book a new car with same specs today, it shows expected delivery as July 2022. What amd I doing wrong ? Please help.
You do need to change payment to “ALL CASH”. Otherwise your waiting could be 48 months. Hope not! My OD was Nov16, 2021 and picked up my basic M3 RWD on Feb8, 2022. Love this car!

F09AC8DB-AF81-48CA-8CED-D6F6DB949B8A.png

FYI, another $2000 increase for RWD. The cheapest model is now $46,990.
If my EDD of 3/31/2022 holds, it would really be worth the wait. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Soosh and Blue85
Well here we go again. Just when I thought the 3/30-3/31 EDD was a glimmer of hope, it was pushed just now. All the way back to 5/4-6/8.

If anyone else received the 3/30-3/31 EDD brace yourself. I’m in the NY area specifically. I can’t believe I’ll be over 7 months of waiting at this point. See you guys in two months…

Reactions: Sexy_owner
It seems like sometimes that happens when systems are being updated. Maybe it’s a good sign that you’ll get your vin soon. Fingers crossed for you. You didn’t have a trade in estimate or financing agreement expire did you?
My finance expired but I reapplied and was approved a day later. Still had prepare for delivery message with the new loan. Well I guess I will find out.

Reactions: evkat
M3SR+ -MSM/Black/18" No FSD NO Hold
OD : 10/08/21 - California
EDD Dec 22 - Dec 31
EDD - Jan 22 - Feb 19
EDD - Jan 21- Feb 18
EDD - Mar 12 - Apr 09
EDD - Feb 13 - March 13
EDD - Dec 09 - Dec 31st (was on this from the end of November to end of December
EDD Feb 10 - March 10 (Changed once I hit the 10th
EDD Feb 25 -Mar 25th
EDD March 12 - March 31st
EDD March 14 - March 28th
EDD March 17 - 28th Updated today
Update for this morning. No vin yet but still show March dates. Starting to get excited and hoping for a pick up date soon!

S Cali here. Put in the start of the order last October. Didn’t finish all the steps until Jan 22. Dates were fluctuating this whole time but for a good month it had:

Edd: April 26 - May 22

But this morning it has:

Edd: Mar 28 - Mar 31

No vin still but hoping it sticks.

Silver rwd with black interior. No fsd and normal wheels.

Reactions: Blue85
WARNING! Don't make my mistake!
Ordered a RWD M3 (Blue/White/Aero) in Sept 2021. Had a "Prepare for Delivery" last week. Already had a finance and trade-in set up. My finance expired 5 days ago, immediately reapplied and got approved. 2 days ago my delivery date changed to June/July! Called Tesla, found out I actually had a VIN assigned but because of the lapse in financing they removed the VIN and put me in the medium priority queue. Was able to get my order changed to all cash without trade in and my rep is going to try to get me moved into the high priority queue. Bottom line, don't finance or have trade in on your order till you get a VIN assignment.

Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)

OD: 9/28/21

Solid Black w/ Black Int | 18" Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22)

Reactions: Blue85
Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)

OD: 9/28/21

Solid Black w/ Black Int | 18" Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22)
Like how is this possible.. Same exact build, no FSD, no hold with OD: 8/16, ordered over a month earlier and I was moved to May-June this morning.

I love Tesla, but this process has been beyond belief. I understand the circumstances of supply chain, but the fact that I’m getting passed over is absurd.