Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my model 3 standard range black with the sport rim, on October 3,2021. The original EDD was March 2022. Second EDD went to may-June…then it went to Feb-march, 4th EDD got pushed to may-June…. checked the account again now it’s July-aug. I have gone to Tesla several times to see what the problem is but I never get an answer just saying it should be delivered at the end of the quarter in June…I’m wishing I can get that vin number. I’m ready to purchase. I afraid To change from standard range to performance or long range fearing I’ll be pushed back even more. anyone wanting to transfer their EDD that isnt ready to buy yet?
I have called the Tesla in San Antonio weekly asking if they have any Tesla's that people are not wanting right now. No luck, I have told them I am willing to take whatever model 3 they have. Still no luck. Any advice for me?

There's nothing you can do but wait. Some have had luck browsing the demo inventory and then buying that to get their car quicker. Calling every week probably doesn't really help much either - rejected VINs usually just get reallocated by the system so again, you'll have to wait. I also don't think orders are transferrable. You can buy it off someone after they take delivery, but as far as I know, someone can't just transfer their pending order to you. This is to prevent people from putting in a bunch of orders and then re-selling them.

Upgrading to a LR/P is likely your best bet to shorten your EDD. If you go back and read the last few weeks of this thread, you'll see a lot of people made the switch and got a VIN assigned within days (or even a day).

Other than that, this is the reality of the situation we're all in right now. I've read some people who ordered before you still haven't received their cars either, so you're not alone.

Reactions: Jbedz and AustinL
There's nothing you can do but wait. Some have had luck browsing the demo inventory and then buying that to get their car quicker. Calling every week probably doesn't really help much either - rejected VINs usually just get reallocated by the system so again, you'll have to wait. I also don't think orders are transferrable. You can buy it off someone after they take delivery, but as far as I know, someone can't just transfer their pending order to you. This is to prevent people from putting in a bunch of orders and then re-selling them.

Upgrading to a LR/P is likely your best bet to shorten your EDD. If you go back and read the last few weeks of this thread, you'll see a lot of people made the switch and got a VIN assigned within days (or even a day).

Other than that, this is the reality of the situation we're all in right now. I've read some people who ordered before you still haven

People getting LR‘s quickly have been waiting for a while, no? Isn’t that supposed to be a loop that puts you into the front of the line if you ordered way back when? I assume then that a person who just ordered a RWD would still be at the back of the line for a LR.

Other than that, this is the reality of the situation we're all in right now. I've read some people who ordered before you still haven't received their cars either, so you're not alone.
How do I search Demo Inventory? I didn't even know that was an option.

I'm calling my SA today to see if I can change to LR... I'm getting desperate.

But I didn't put in my order because I didn't need a car now, or even in Aug/Nov. But reviewing this thread it is obvious no one has any idea when I'd get a car even Tesla. So I put in an order just to get in line and protect against the next round of price increases. I can change the order later if my needs change.
Just like you that is why I ordered on 6/1. The website states EDD August-November and I am only ready for a new car in Jan 2023. Reviewing this thread (and reddit) shows me i'd be LUCKY to get a RWD in January 23'.

So, OD was 6/1/22, and EDD already got pushed from (latest) November to now 12/24. lol

Just like you that is why I ordered on 6/1. The website states EDD August-November and I am only ready for a new car in Jan 2023. Reviewing this thread (and reddit) shows me i'd be LUCKY to get a RWD in January 23'.

So, OD was 6/1/22, and EDD already got pushed from (latest) November to now 12/24. lol
That’s crazy. I have now seen multiple people order on the same day (including myself) and all three have different EDD times. There’s yours, mine is Oct 22 - Dec 17 Someone else had Oct (?) to Dec 8.

All were RWD as well

Wow! What are yours and that other person's specs?

Here is a photo of that other person specs same as mine but they got the 19” wheels

I got White/black/AERO/RWD/ no fsd

OD 06/01/22
EDD September - December
EDD Oct 22 - Dec 17

Attachments

• 3B7D844B-CB4E-4CCF-9B16-616223E907DE.jpeg
    3B7D844B-CB4E-4CCF-9B16-616223E907DE.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 100
Just some interesting information. 2 different Tesla phone agents, 2 different answers in less than 30mins (the first agent disconnected the call, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since he called me back later to follow up). [First agent said I could get it at the Oct 2021 price point, the other agent said I couldn't, which I challenged and she changed her answer].

If a Canadian (Ontario) customer with an OD prior to end of Oct 2021 changes from an RWD to a LR, the change is just over $18,500.

Cost (in CAD) of a White EXT /Black INT/Aero/No FSD RWD taxes in: $59,937 The same colour/wheels but LR is $73,497. BUT, keep in mind orders prior to end of Oct 2021 are entitled to the Fed iZEV incentive for RWD model, so take $5k off of the RWD price.

So in the end, a drive off price of $54,937 for an RWD (with incentive) or a $73,497 LR (no incentive avail) is a difference of $18,500.

So you have to ask, is $18k worth an expedited delivery, or can you live with your current vehicle arrangements until something becomes available. You to decide, but in my situation as of right now, I'm going to wait it out... But ask me again in a week, I might go full circle if I have to wait much longer LOL.

Last edited:
fwiw, I ordered on April 8 with original estimate June-August, which sounded good, but a week later changed to Au 14- Sep 25, which I am not expecting. Question - does anyone get these things smoothly in their original EDD ? My current Model 3 mid-range I ordered in Nov 2018 and received exactly 3 weeks later. I'd like to get the new one before that date :).

Anyone have a backup plan? The only thing I have seen that I also liked is the Polestar, and it still does not feel as modern as the model 3.

fwiw, I ordered on April 8 with original estimate June-August, which sounded good, but a week later changed to Au 14- Sep 25, which I am not expecting. Question - does anyone get these things smoothly in their original EDD ? My current Model 3 mid-range I ordered in Nov 2018 and received exactly 3 weeks later. I'd like to get the new one before that date :).

Anyone have a backup plan? The only thing I have seen that I also liked is the Polestar, and it still does not feel as modern as the model 3.
I am hoping in 5 years I can afford it but the Porche Taycan is my dream car. lol

Reactions: pipestem
Just some interesting information. 2 different Tesla phone agents, 2 different answers in less than 30mins (the first agent disconnected the call, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since he called me back later to follow up). [First agent said I could get it at the Oct 2021 price point, the other agent said I couldn't, which I challenged and she changed her answer].

If a Canadian (Ontario) customer with an OD prior to end of Oct 2021 changes from an RWD to a LR, the change is just over $18,500.

Cost (in CAD) of a White EXT /Black INT/Aero/No FSD RWD taxes in: $59,937 The same colour/wheels but LR is $73,497. BUT, keep in mind orders prior to end of Oct 2021 are entitled to the Fed iZEV incentive for RWD model, so take $5k off of the RWD price.

So in the end, a drive off price of $54,937 for an RWD (with incentive) or a $73,497 LR (no incentive avail) is a difference of $18,500.

So you have to ask, is $18k worth an expedited delivery, or can you live with your current vehicle arrangements until something becomes available. You to decide, but in my situation as of right now, I'm going to wait it out... But ask me again in a week, I might go full circle if I have to wait much longer LOL.
$18500 can buy an entry level ICE. One can probably lease a semi-luxury for 3-4 years.

Reactions: rudythecar
i'm probably not a good person for an opinion since I live down here in the south (no snow), i just assume if I ever had to move north where there was snow an AWD is a no brainer. Again, i'm a bad person for an opinion (I never drive in snow so dont know anything).
I live where we average about 44" of snow per year. In my experience, an RWD or FWD car is decent in the snow if you have a good set of winter tires...better than an AWD car with all-season tires, especially when braking or cornering. Of course, the combination of AWD and winter tires would be the best of all.

So I haven't been on this site in over a month but I thought id come back on to give you all a monthly update.

Well, since my last message, it appears a whole slew of people switched gears and changed over to LR. You know, you guys are probably just playing into Teslas hands by doing this as im sure that's what they want people to do.

My date is July 18th to August 20th. The latter being near a full year since I ordered. I for one would rather wait then change though.

Why?

Well, cause im paying a total of 52k CAD for my white int, white ext RWD with 18 inch rims and no FSD. I receive 8k in federal and provincial incentives so thats huge. If I were to switch and got last Septembers price, id be paying like 66k. Plus taxes and thats 73900. Subtract my current cost for my RWD and thats 21k.

Lol.

Ya, thats not happening. I dont care if I have to wait till October 2022, no way im paying an extra 21k.

Well, till next month, here's to those who decided to grind it out with your RWD's!

Last edited:
Hello
Newbie here.
I ordered M3 SR+ on October 31,2021 in Edmonton, AB
Black/white interior/18inch aero wheels no Fsd
My delivery dates rn is July 15-Aug 19
Is anyone else waiting in Alberta for the same specification for that long? or is there a way to check people order times here?

Yeah they’re doing this on purpose to keep you going back and fourth in your head. If you can wait I say wait, every eV manufacturer is on some extortion energy right now. I refuse to believe it’s just supply chain or the hertz order when giga China is still able to produce LFPs and you get a fast turnaround for LR even if you order now. Redefining the car buying experience alright, now instead of getting butt fu*** by the dealership you’re getting screwed my intentionally long waiting times Lolol.

Hello
Newbie here.
I ordered M3 SR+ on October 31,2021 in Edmonton, AB
Black/white interior/18inch aero wheels no Fsd
My delivery dates rn is July 15-Aug 19
Is anyone else waiting in Alberta for the same specification for that long? or is there a way to check people order times here?
Welcome to the group @Batmanjatt . Make sure you participate to our very unofficial Survey.

So I haven't been on this site in over a month but I thought id come back on to give you all a monthly update.

Well, since my last message, it appears a whole slew of people switched gears and changed over to LR. You know, you guys are probably just playing into Teslas hands by doing this as im sure that's what they want people to do.

My date is July 18th to August 20th. The latter being near a full year since I ordered. I for one would rather wait then change though.

Why?

Well, cause im paying a total of 52k CAD for my white int, white ext RWD with 18 inch rims and no FSD. I receive 8k in federal and provincial incentives so thats huge. If I were to switch and got last Septembers price, id be paying like 66k. Plus taxes and thats 73900. Subtract my current cost for my RWD and thats 21k.

Lol.

Ya, thats not happening. I dont care if I have to wait till October 2022, no way im paying an extra 21k.

Well, till next month, here's to those who decided to grind it out with your RWD's!
Definitely agree with your assessment of waiting it through. Even if I have to wait 6 more months the gas savings doesn't justify paying an extra $18k. Having winter tires will work well for Toronto's winter anyway so I don't see a benefit to go for the AWD plus we have a Pathfinder already just in case.

My EDD is still Jul 18 - Aug 22 and has not changed for a few weeks now. I suspect DD to be some time early August or even for my birthday July 29th would be a nice gift.

Definitely agree with your assessment of waiting it through. Even if I have to wait 6 more months the gas savings doesn't justify paying an extra $18k. Having winter tires will work well for Toronto's winter anyway so I don't see a benefit to go for the AWD plus we have a Pathfinder already just in case.

My EDD is still Jul 18 - Aug 22 and has not changed for a few weeks now. I suspect DD to be some time early August or even for my birthday July 29th would be a nice gift.
My order date was Nov 21 and i got my car - and you are still waiting :-(

too bad Tesla has no algorithm for delivery dates....