Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered from existing inventory within 50 miles expecting delivery within a few days to a week. How long can it take to dust it off and call me, I thought? Qualifying for the clean vehicle tax credit was my priority and I'm late to the party. In the time since ordering I've researched what "existing inventory" can mean so I understand the relatively long delay in taking delivery. Here's to hoping the window stays open!

For people checking this thread as fervently as I have been...

Existing Inventory, 50 miles from zip code (white ex., black int., 18", no options added)
2/25: OD, VIN, and EDD 3/14-21
2/27: "VIN is on the way" email
3/3: EDD 3/9-18
3/6: Schedule delivery text
Delivery options: 3/14-18
Scheduled for 3/14

Reactions: pipestem
Well the race is on! Wife and I are in the Washington DC metro area and test drove a M3 on Monday evening. Stopped for dinner and wound up placing an order for an inventory M3 RWD in blue with black interior.

3/6 - OD, VIN, EDD 3/14-3/23
3/7 - Provided Trade in details
3/8 - Trade in offer received.
3/9 - Accepted trade-in offer uploaded pics of cluster, registration, co-owners license.
3/9 - Scheduled Delivery, earliest available 3/19

So now it's a hurry up and wait and hope there's no updated credit news before our delivery.

We're trading in a 2018 Chevy Volt with less than 30k miles and Tesla beat Vroom and Carvana by 1000 and 800 respectively and was under CarMax by 1200. CarMax would require an inspection to lock price and is a wash when considering MD sales tax credit on trade in. The crazy thing to me is factoring in state and federal credits we got buying the Volt owning it for 4 years we saw a depreciation of only 3k.

Our initial plan was to look for a Bolt EUV but they're unobtanium without high dealer markups so we decided to test drive the M3 Monday and now here we are.

Nervous and Excited!

Reactions: acaurora
I ordered SR Red yesterday and waiting for next info from Tesla. forgive me for asking: what is in SR+ more than norma? Ordering page has no mention to any Plus option.
I believe the SR+ designation was a 2020-2022 option over the standard range base model that added 30 miles of range among other things (up to 250). The 2023 baseline is RWD with a range of 272 miles. My baseline RWD order does not have SR or SR+ anywhere on it so I may not be understanding your question correctly. On the ordering page, under Rear-Wheel Drive Model 3, click Learn More. Then click the downward facing carrot in the upper left corner for further, somewhat hidden, information on differences. Partial Premium vs Premium interior might be the information you're looking for. Full has more speakers and includes floor mats. RWD is partial, LR and P are full.

Hello - We ordered a M3 RWD white, no options on 3/7 at 8pm and got a VIN assigned 3/8 at 6 am.
The EDD is 3/18-3/27. We have already gotten the financing approved, uploaded insurance info, etc.
The app is just saying it will notify us when it's time to continue with predelivery tasks.
Do you get an actual phone call to schedule the delivery date, or is that also done through the app?
I don't have a dealer near by, so will probably pick up the car at the nearet service center.

Hello - We ordered a M3 RWD white, no options on 3/7 at 8pm and got a VIN assigned 3/8 at 6 am.
The EDD is 3/18-3/27. We have already gotten the financing approved, uploaded insurance info, etc.
The app is just saying it will notify us when it's time to continue with predelivery tasks.
Do you get an actual phone call to schedule the delivery date, or is that also done through the app?
I don't have a dealer near by, so will probably pick up the car at the nearet service center.
I haven't been contacted to schedule delivery yet. I still have the estimated date range.

We got an email with the subject "Schedule Your Tesla Delivery" that contained a link. I think the app scheduled tab/card allowed us to schedule at the same time. For us it was ~60hrs from order confirmation to scheduling on an inventory RWD SR car.

I reached out via text to the 501 number and set my delivery to carrier direct since the closest delivery center is in Tampa (470 miles from me).
They gave me a delivery date of 3/25 but said it's only a place holder until a closer date when they have a carrier assigned and the vehicle on route.

Woohoo, placed the order on Tuesday, March 14 and got a delivery date of March 17. Did a custom order of deep blue + black/white interior as the only options. 18" wheels and standard AP. Not bad.

Was really hoping for home delivery, but looks like we have to take a trip to Colma. Would have preferred for the San Mateo as that is right next to us, but ohwell. Now either uBer or drive a car there. I put down that we are trading in our Bolt, but we probably wont since they proabably wont give what is owed on the lease. Will just keep it until December when its due back, we did a one pay so there is no other payments until december.

Accessories (all weather matts and screen protector) already ordered and need to get that Homelink ordered when we pick up the car. PPF+Tint already scouted and will schedule next week after I do some paint correction.

Woohoo, placed the order on Tuesday, March 14 and got a delivery date of March 17. Did a custom order of deep blue + black/white interior as the only options. 18" wheels and standard AP. Not bad.

Was really hoping for home delivery, but looks like we have to take a trip to Colma. Would have preferred for the San Mateo as that is right next to us, but ohwell. Now either uBer or drive a car there. I put down that we are trading in our Bolt, but we probably wont since they proabably wont give what is owed on the lease. Will just keep it until December when its due back, we did a one pay so there is no other payments until december.

Accessories (all weather matts and screen protector) already ordered and need to get that Homelink ordered when we pick up the car. PPF+Tint already scouted and will schedule next week after I do some paint correction.
Charger on order, I presume..