Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stalls blocked by Tesla Owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what it says in the guys ad:
  • "There are 4 Tesla Superchargers located downtown Indianapolis on Capitol Ave, Fishers, Carmel and Beech Grove. Charging is free to you at all of the Superchargers however you need to pay for parking at the downtown location."

Then he also mentions this:
  • "There are 3 Tesla Superchargers located in Fishers, Carmel, and Beech Grove. Charging is free to you."

So if he's also leaving cars at the La Quinta, he's probably moving them around. Any of the folks local in downtown Indy ever see them at this downtown SC?

I'd like to look at this from both sides, but it is one thing for him to use the SC for his commercial business -- it's another thing completely to leave the cars where they block others from charging.

Reactions: Kutu and whitex
I've seen plenty of EVs blocking chargepoints and just park there unplugged. There should be signs stating that parking without plugging-in and charging would result in being towed
The problem with this is that someone can unplug a Tesla with their adapter intact to the car and you can get ticketed or towed. There are locks for J1772 if your non-Tesla car doesn't already lock the charger.

Reactions: 1375mlm
People could try this, printing a notice that adheres to the windshield informing the owner that the Superchargers are to be used to charge a car and once charged, the vehicle is to be moved. That it is not a parking spot. To be kind, use a sticky paper that can be easily removed from the windshield without leaving any residue.
You use the easy to remove paper the first time you put the note on the windshield. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: kavyboy
I was parked at the Hilton in Binghamton, NY where they have a single Tesla destination charger. There was another Model S plugged in so I left my car near the charger and left a note inside the drivers door handle with my phone number and a request that the Tesla owner call me when he was finished so I might avail myself of the charger. Instead, I got a text that said, "You're charging Dude(tte)!" Indeed the other Tesla driver had plugged the charger into my locked 2014 Model S!

So yes, by all means plug into the SOB's Teslas.

Last edited:
For those that may be interested, you can find the business information for EVFleet by doing a search of the business entity reports on the Indiana Secretary of State website. All Indiana businesses are required to have an entity report on file, which are public documents.

Not sure if the link will work, but here's what I found using their search function.

INBiz: Your one-stop source for your business.

Business President as well as the legal Registered Agent is listed as Steven Lee Baker. There are two addresses listed. One is

9699 North by Northeast Blvd, Fishers, IN, 46037, USA, listed as the Principal Office address

The other is:

10795 Greenbriar Dr., Fishers, IN, 46037, USA, listed as the address for the registered agent but also for Steven Baker as president.

This is no different than parking your car at a gas pump and coming back the next day. They would tow you away and the same thing should happen to this jerk's cars.

For better or worse, I think there will probably need to come a time when many Superchargers have signs saying something like "For Active Tesla Supercharging Only, Violators Will be Towed."

Tesla has enough data that they could have a system that protected innocent Tesla owners who just overstayed their time but towed cars that were ICEing the Superchargers and the very small handful of Tesla owners who pull stuff like this.

At SCs? Aren't the cords too short?
Yes, you are correct. SC cords are to short and people rotate more quickly because of the charging speed. I was referring to L2 destination chargers those cords are normally super long. (I know because I am always picking them up off the ground after some users and coiling them neatly so they don’t get damaged.)

Last edited:
I just went to my garage, unplugged my car, back inside to drop the key out of range and waited until the car locked. I went back out and was able to plug in even with the car locked. I can’t unplug, but could plug in my umc, why won’t it work with supercharger?
I can plug in my locked 2016 refresh model S. Do it relatively frequently. Have not tried at a supercharger, but can’t imagine it would be any different.
can one plug in a locked car ? At a dollar a minute for 5 cars it might make an impression

This is widely misunderstood, yes you can plug it in while locked, its the knowledge you cannot unplug that people believe in their minds you should not be able to plug in. I can open a lot of charging ports just by waving the supercharger wand in the air and press the button. Try it sometime. I live close to a Supercharger at a Service center. At night nobody around wave the wand in the air its a light show of Tesla's Charge ports.

This person is not far from this supercharger I think(he may be right there). His Tesla app will tell him when your plugging in and certainly tell him when he is close to finishing his charge just like all of us.

He must be close or his representative is close because the key to the car has to be given out for hours drive or day or week or whatever.

Its clear when you buy a Tesla with free supercharge you cannot use it as a business or consequences perhaps.

Now if he is paying for supercharging then thats a different thing.

Blocking usage by others is a Morality(turning legal) thing we all believe is wrong and until Tesla knocks him off the system for doing it, there is not much one can do to prevent it.

Also,Tesla likes his business model of buying lots of cars, he's a great customer.

What would you do if you had a great customer? Dilemma maybe, against a lot of other great customers needing/wanting to charge.

• Informative
Reactions: Enginerd
So has this jerk off been reported to Tesla yet or not?

I don’t have twitter but can someone please tweet this at Elon?

Yes, the jerk has been reported..........here is the response............
Tesla reply.jpg

This person is not far from this supercharger I think(he may be right there). His Tesla app will tell him when your plugging in and certainly tell him when he is close to finishing his charge just like all of us.

He must be close or his representative is close because the key to the car has to be given out for hours drive or day or week or whatever.
True, but then he would need to notice it in the app and actually go there to unplug.

• Helpful
Reactions: dk10438
True, but then he would need to notice it in the app and actually go there to unplug.

True and since he works at the hotel or the convenience store down the street he will be right there. After doing that a few times he will park in the Hotel Parking lot I have seen in the pics. It might be working? I would not leave my Tesla, laying around any parking lot longer then I needed to.

Last edited:
Its clear when you buy a Tesla with free supercharge you cannot use it as a business or consequences perhaps.

Now if he is paying for supercharging then thats a different thing.
Actually it’s not. The no commercial use of superchargers policy means no commercial use— free or paid. But it only applies to cars purchased after 12/15/2017. This is why Tesloop can continue to operate LA - Las Vegas with their older cars.
Privacy & Legal | Tesla

But it only applies to cars purchased after 12/15/2017

The P85D (pictured in other pages of this Thread)was originally purchased before 12/15/17 perhaps-probably definitely. Even if its CPO it might ride on the original SC agreement. Were splitting hairs here. This guy has figured something out and its up to Tesla to figure out how they can prevent it going forward if at all for the sake of the rest of the users. Doing something illegal to prevent it is not advised thats for sure.

Actually it’s not. The no commercial use of superchargers policy means no commercial use— free or paid. But it only applies to cars purchased after 12/15/2017. This is why Tesloop can continue to operate LA - Las Vegas with their older cars.
Privacy & Legal | Tesla

AND.........unfortunately for those souls that want to charge and can't because they are blocked, ALL of his fleet are pre-2017 cars.:(