Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Start Up Chime - Suggestion to Tesla Programmers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some cars have a chime that welcomes the driver when they turn on the vehicle. Possibility anyone here can suggest to Tesla programmers if they can do this for the Tesla vehicle? I'd like to customize so when I press the brake to turn the car on, the speakers play a small audio file from Transformers "Autobots Rollout".

I wouldn't use a start up chime, but if Tesla is ever forced to make the car produce noise below a certain speed, I'd love that to be configurable. I think for my black on black S75D the Imperial March would be a good choice.

• Funny
Reactions: Drewflux and PrGrPa
Some cars have a chime that welcomes the driver when they turn on the vehicle. Possibility anyone here can suggest to Tesla programmers if they can do this for the Tesla vehicle? I'd like to customize so when I press the brake to turn the car on, the speakers play a small audio file from Transformers "Autobots Rollout".
They are still working on removing the chime when you put it in park and open driver's side door with headlights in the ON position - even though the headlights switch to AUTO and turn off as soon as the driver leaves the seat. I submitted that in 2013 when it would also pop a "Lights On" warning to go with the chime - they did remove the warning but chime remained so it must be something more complicated. I'm sure it's in the queue, right after a development kit to write apps for Tesla which Elon promised shortly before then (I want to write an app to integrate my radar detector with the big screen).

• Love
Reactions: pilotSteve
In my opinion, the seat belt chime should not come on until car reaches say 30kmph, sometime I just back the car out to the driveway so I can get stuff out and is beeping already.

For the US, FMVSS 208 requires the chime, and MPH KPH trigger is right out... Not sure what the Canadian requirement is.

from: 49 CFR 571.208 - Standard No. 208; Occupant crash protection.

S7.3 (a) A seat belt assembly provided at the driver's seating position shall be equipped with a warning system that, at the option of the manufacturer, either -

(1) Activates a continuous or intermittent audible signal for a period of not less than 4 seconds and not more than 8 seconds and that activates a continuous or flashing warning light visible to the driver displaying the identifying symbol for the seat belt telltale shown in Table 2 of FMVSS 101 or, at the option of the manufacturer if permitted by FMVSS 101, displaying the words “Fasten Seat Belts” or “Fasten Belts”, for not less than 60 seconds (beginning when the vehicle ignition switch is moved to the “on” or the “start” position) when condition (b) exists simultaneously with condition (c), or that

(2) Activates, for a period of not less than 4 seconds and not more than 8 seconds (beginning when the vehicle ignition switch is moved to the “on” or the “start” position), a continuous or flashing warning light visible to the driver, displaying the identifying symbol of the seat belt telltale shown in Table 2 of FMVSS 101 or, at the option of the manufacturer if permitted by FMVSS 101, displaying the words “Fasten Seat Belts” or “Fasten Belts”, when condition (b) exists, and a continuous or intermittent audible signal when condition (b) exists simultaneously with condition (c).

(b) The vehicle's ignition switch is moved to the “on” position or to the “start” position.

(c) The driver's lap belt is not in use, as determined, at the option of the manufacturer, either by the belt latch mechanism not being fastened, or by the belt not being extended at least 4 inches from its stowed position.

• Informative
Reactions: bonnie