Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starting price for Canada revealed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The article on Electrek claims that they are allowing Canadians to configure?! I mean come on Tesla you don’t even have a handle on the reservations here yet!
Yea, at least employees for the moment.
As for handle reservations, why shouldn't a day one reservation holder in Canada get there Model 3 about the same time as a US reservation holders? This also helps Tesla to send the Model 3 they produce to more service centers so that they don't have as mush to do then production ramps up.

Reactions: EinSV and kbM3
Many people on TMC and Reddit have been kicking around a pet theory (which others would call unlikely or dreaming etc) that Tesla is moving up AWD production so they can sell to Canada and push the 200K US deliveries out another quarter, at which point the ramp should be further along. This means more waiting for those of us in the US, but a lot more people getting to use the EV tax credit - if it all works out timing wise.

The article on Electrek claims that they are allowing Canadians to configure?! I mean come on Tesla you don’t even have a handle on the reservations here yet! My patience continues to wear thinner with each passing day...
If this is being done maybe it is to time crossing the 200,000 threshold to maximize the number of people who qualify for the federal tax credit.

Reactions: kbM3
why shouldn't a day one reservation holder in Canada get there Model 3 about the same time as a US reservation holders?

I am sincerely so, so, so sorry for posting this. But I can't help myself.

79164210-9703-4f9f-80ef-ef3d1465d4b2.gif

The article on Electrek claims that they are allowing Canadians to configure?! I mean come on Tesla you don’t even have a handle on the reservations here yet! My patience continues to wear thinner with each passing day...
This is very good news. It means Tesla is probably trying to extend the full $7500 tax credit til 2019.