Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Starting to regret FSD pre-purchase in a major way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What seems to me difficult is to mix self driven car and human driven car. It is 2 different world. Also it would work better if cars could communicate with each other. It is something that planes do with a transponder. So in case of risk of collision they will not aggravate the situation.
But mix it will be. Incremental FSD rollout with the driver responsible to take over. For anyone who says FSD is all or nothing not happening! Just like EAP and NoA evolve so will FSD. I'm fine with that.

It will certainly happen with major advantages as it will make roads safer. However i expect the same inconvenient that happens with planes. Drivers will just drive occasionally and might not be fully competent if they have to regain control of their vehicle for an emergency.

But mix it will be. Incremental FSD rollout with the driver responsible to take over. For anyone who says FSD is all or nothing not happening! Just like EAP and NoA evolve so will FSD. I'm fine with that.
It may be all or nothing if they can't do a good enough job of making sure that the driver is paying attention. I think regulators will quickly ban any system that makes the roads less safe in real world use.

The sentiment I had when creating this thread has now grown exponentially after hearing that Tesla has now dropped the price of FSD by a full $1K. This would have been ok with me...had I actually received even one iota of FSD functionality before the price drop. Instead, all Tesla has done now is make me feel like an even bigger fool for having selected this asinine option.

Though I do really like my Model 3, my interest in remaining a returning Tesla customer after this car hits its end of life is quickly diminishing. Tesla needs to do something to show that its customers are actually important to it.

I bit the bullet and paid for the $2000 ($2600 CAD) for AP yesterday , so it should be active by the weekend hopefully. At some point I will upgrade to FSD.

Did not order EAP or FSD when we bought the car in mid December , as it would have made the cost way over budget at the time.

But when I had the EAP trial for the first month of ownership, I really liked the auto steer and adaptive cruise control and am super excited to have those features back permanently !.

I remember during the EAP trial, I took one of my friends for a ride , and he was super impressed at how the car could follow and automatically slow, stop and accelerate to keep pace with the car ahead .
Then as we came to some curves I let go of the wheel , and HIS JAW WAS ON THE FLOOR as he watched the steering wheel turn on its own !
He looked at me with his eyes wide and jaw open, like he had just seen The Virgin Mary and the Immaculate Conception.

He said that since he was a kid, he had always dreamed of seeing a drive that could drive on its own , and to see that in person was just mind-blowing MAGIC .

You can always get more money, but how many times in life can you actually buy MAGIC ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 03DSG
He said that since he was a kid, he had always dreamed of seeing a drive that could drive on its own , and to see that in person was just mind-blowing MAGIC.

You can always get more money, but how many times in life can you actually buy MAGIC ?

This thread is about the value of FSD as it was currently sold to consumers...I.e. $3000 vaporware.

You’re talking about EAP