Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steam game platform integration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon says team are focused on this with a demo coming next month.

Good to see he has the team working on the right priorities! :rolleyes:

demo "probably" next month.

ok, will check it in two years.

and then the BT controller... lmao

While Steam may seem trivial compared to other issues, as someone with a substantial game library on Steam I would welcome it. It would be a differentiator for Tesla compared to other manufacturers and just put them further ahead of the pack. Playing Spider-Man PC or other AAA games while chilling in the car would be cool.

While Steam may seem trivial compared to other issues, as someone with a substantial game library on Steam I would welcome it. It would be a differentiator for Tesla compared to other manufacturers and just put them further ahead of the pack. Playing Spider-Man PC or other AAA games while chilling in the car would be cool.
£50K will buy you a very decent games console. Personally, I wish their software team would focus on making the car operate properly first.

Reactions: pdk42 and debrooker
You will likely get a much better experience on a steamdeck. I tend to just use the car to get somewhere and prefer to play games somewhere more comfortable. A steamdeck would allow you to chill in more places than your car!

You will likely get a much better experience on a steamdeck. I tend to just use the car to get somewhere and prefer to play games somewhere more comfortable. A steamdeck would allow you to chill in more places than your car!

I have been considering a steamdeck, they are impressive.

My only point being that the Tesla vehicles can be different things to different people and are amazingly flexible, like an iPhone. People can grouse about how I should use a dedicated chromatic tuner to tune my guitar or a flatbed scanner to scan my documents; but my iPhone is sitting in my pocket and does both well enough. Lagniappe functionality is special and part of what makes teslas (and iPhones) amazing.

My only point being that the Tesla vehicles can be different things to different people and are amazingly flexible, like an iPhone. People can grouse about how I should use a dedicated chromatic tuner to tune my guitar or a flatbed scanner to scan my documents; but my iPhone is sitting in my pocket and does both well enough. Lagniappe functionality is special and part of what makes teslas (and iPhones) amazing.
Remember when the iphone came out and it could not do the basics like send contacts and 3g.
Well Tesla is still there.
When my auto wipers work properly I'll get excited about steam.

Reactions: ACarneiro

At the risk of derailing the original point, my steamdeck arrived last month and I can honestly say it is an incredible bit of kit.

Reactions: init6
You're thinking about it wrong. Once all the people that "man math" purchased their Tesla can't afford to heat their house or use electricity in the day. Rather than have to shell out thousands more for a power wall you can now just move into your car and live there over winter, running on off-peak power.

Reactions: Astrape