Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steph

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
bonnie1194,

I agree with what you are saying, reading it back, some of my answers were assertive, implying that I know something they don't know. Sometimes words on the screen leave too much to interpretation. When I write I don't pay much attention on how I will be perceived, writing is everything since no one knows me here.

I will be a bit more careful in the future. I know some people have hot buttons in such a tight community.

I'm not bitter, no need to start over, sh*t happens, let's just move on, let that post rest until the RC is out, I will either be smiling or have a sorry face on then.

All good :)

Maybe retitle this thread 'I think the beta interior isn't the final version'?

Agreed, or similar.

The Madison Ave phrase: "the more you spend, the more you save," is not any truer today with Model S than it was back in the day.

That the TCO of Model S is is $57,000 less than the TCO of some gas guzzler doesn't make the Model S free.

The Model S is not free and costs more than nothing.
Let me rephrase then..

The model S is is free (or better) when you compare the total monthly expenses to almost any ICE cars and if I drive around 300km/day (that may vary depending on where you live)

Monthly expense for a Model S would be around $1000/month, for a toyota corolla, the expense would be more like $2000 ( $1300 in gas and 600$ for the car, oil change & brake, engine repairs ~$100)

So driving 300km day in a model S would cost half of the corolla, it's just like only paying the gas, like the car was free.

Get it?

Let me rephrase then..

The model S is is free (or better) when you compare the total monthly expenses to almost any ICE cars and if I drive around 300km/day (that may vary depending on where you live)

Monthly expense for a Model S would be around $1000/month, for a toyota corolla, the expense would be more like $2000 ( $1300 in gas and 600$ for the car, oil change & brake, engine repairs ~$100)

So driving 300km day in a model S would cost half of the corolla, it's just like only paying the gas, like the car was free.

Get it?

Better than free means they're paying you. They're not.

$57,000 plus $1000/month is not free, it's $57,000 plus $1000/month.

Get it?

If not, I recommend one of these: https://secureweb.mcgill.ca/economics/sites/mcgill.ca.economics/files/undergraduate_course_descriptions_june_2012.pdf

No, I'm literally just not bothering with your numbers because they're not worth it. Any positive number is not free and you really need to stop saying otherwise.

Well, numbers are numbers. Discussing anything else is beside the point.

I'm not really saying it's free, I'm saying it is as it was free. Can't you guys get metaphors?

Happy independence day BTW. Hope you finally get those aliens.

Let me rephrase then..

Get it?

Your car is not free but you're driving a much nicer car and still saving money. That's how I would say it.

Lets say you have a business that is break even, and in your budget you have to set aside $1300 for gas, $600 for the lease payment and $100 for car maintenance each month. If you switch to a Model S, you pay $100 for electricity, $900 for the lease payment, and $0 for car maintenance (first 4 years anyway).

So your savings from gas by going electric ($1200 a month) more than covers the Model S lease payment, and you have no maintenance, so now your business is making a profit of $300 each month versus break even with your ICE car.