Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still no VIN assigned when Model Y delivery date is so close: Should I be worried?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, MYLR 19inch wheels, black interior, no tow.
I'm pretty disappointed. I placed my order back in 1/16 when the delivery was expected Jan-Mar. I also live 10 minutes away from Fremont, CA so I'm not sure why it was pushed to April-Jun.
This truly sucks because now I can't qualify for the tax credit.
What color was this one? I also wonder if this was one of those that fail QC check or something and maybe there were no others in this color? Idk

i also ordered on 1/16 MYLR W/B/19" no tow. the last EDD was 2/22 to 3/22. upgraded to 20" on monday at 4pm and got vin assigned 2hrs later. then asked to select delivery the next day. will be picking it up on sunday. something to consider if you haven't already
I’ve been resisting the temptation to pay an additional $2k just to cut in front of the line…

What a WILD rollercoaster ride! My EDD changed again!

OD 1/16
EDD 2/17-2/26
EDD Apr-Jun (updated on 2/22)
EDD 2/24-3/05 (updated on 2/23 today)

Tesla why you gotta be flaky
if you really want the car, don’t be surprised if you get a call anytime now that you can take delivery as soon as the next day. Being so close to Fremont works in your way for that. Best get your paperwork and financing in order. End of month/quarter/year rush usually prioritizes NorCal deliveries.

I ordered a MYAWD from existing inventory and was assigned a VIN z immediately. The EDD date keeps moving. Tonight it changed to 3/2-3/25. Last week the sales rep sent me a text to complete my online Processing.

They are all screwed up.

I ordered from existing stock with a VIN number already assigned, so not to miss the tax credit and get delivery in February. Had I known it would be delayed I would have ordered a MYLR for an additional $4,000

I ordered a MYAWD from existing inventory and was assigned a VIN z immediately. The EDD date keeps moving. Tonight it changed to 3/2-3/25. Last week the sales rep sent me a text to complete my online Processing.

They are all screwed up.

I ordered from existing stock with a VIN number already assigned, so not to miss the tax credit and get delivery in February. Had I known it would be delayed I would have ordered a MYLR for an additional $4,000
Can you still change?