Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still no VIN assigned when Model Y delivery date is so close: Should I be worried?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4314.jpg

It says delivery between 2/17-2/26, and yet still no VIN assigned. Should I be worried that Tesla will push back the delivery date to March? (If they push it back, I am screwed since then I won't get the $7500 EV tax credit šŸ„²)

View attachment 909548
It says delivery between 2/17-2/26, and yet still no VIN assigned. Should I be worried that Tesla will push back the delivery date to March? (If they push it back, I am screwed since then I won't get the $7500 EV tax credit šŸ„²)
No one knows what is going to happen with the tax credit, so it is best to be patient. All we know is that in the future the tax credit will be limited based on battery material sourcing and assembly. We don't know what the restrictions will be, which cars will qualify, or even when the restrictions will take affect. The only thing we know is that we are supposed to get more information in March. We don't even know if that information is coming March 1, March 31, or will be delayed.

It isn't just you either - there are thousands of us in the same situation. We can't do anything other than sit and wait.

Last edited:
Is it a MYLR w/ 19ā€ wheels and no tow?
Yup, MYLR 19inch wheels, black interior, no tow.
I'm pretty disappointed. I placed my order back in 1/16 when the delivery was expected Jan-Mar. I also live 10 minutes away from Fremont, CA so I'm not sure why it was pushed to April-Jun.
This truly sucks because now I can't qualify for the tax credit.

Yup, MYLR 19inch wheels, black interior, no tow.
I'm pretty disappointed. I placed my order back in 1/16 when the delivery was expected Jan-Mar. I also live 10 minutes away from Fremont, CA so I'm not sure why it was pushed to April-Jun.
This truly sucks because now I can't qualify for the tax credit.
I am really sorry to hear what happened to your order. It makes no sense at all.