Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still sourcing parts??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More than two weeks and they're still sourcing parts? For cryin' out loud, don't they know where to get parts yet? Heck, I'll go make some phone calls for them and find the parts, at this point the robots should be putting this thing together - sheez!!! :cursing:

(Sorry, the wait is starting to get to me...)

Put deposit down for a non-Sig (Hong Kong) in December 2012. 38,000 HKD, which I think is the equivalent of 5K USD.

Estimated delivery "Late 2013".

Then later on, "Early 2014".

Then "Maybe Signatures Early 2014"

FRT exemption in Hong Kong, meaning the car costing 70K-130K USD vs 200K to 300K USD (or so) was due to expire (or be extended ) in March 2014.

So eventually, we found that no-one in Hong Kong would get their model S (right hand drive, btw), until after the FRT exemption would expire.

Fortunately, come March 14, they did indeed extend it, another 3 years (until March 30th, 2017 for now).

Then the prices were finally released, also at the beginning of 2014.

Deliveries: Signatures in May/June 2014, non-signatures in June/July 2014.

That changed as well, estimates - based on various feedback from Tesla - so it seems now that it is likely that for Hong Kong, Signatures will begin to arrive June/July, and non-signatures August/September.

And my login page has been saying "Sourcing your parts" since end of February this year, and probably will for a few more months.

From the time I decided to get the model S (fall 2012) over paying the deposit (December 2012), a whole 2013 with hardly any activity (in Hong Kong), and 2014 with FRT extension and prices released ... we are looking at a total of almost two years waiting.

Good things come to those who wait?

Well, I am convinced the guys at Tesla Motors are doing what they can. I am also sure that complaining and shouting (like they did in China), isn't going to help the process. I trust there is a reason for the delay, and I want a well functioning car, in all respects, and no problems with the infrastructure (charging) either.

Congratulations on your soon-to-arrive Tesla model S, Ghost640. I am sure it will be the best car you ever had, and maybe even will have, for a while looking ahead.

Got an e-mail from my DS yesterday- she says I can expect the car to enter production this week- of course this means Tesla will want their money now... The reality of buying this technological wonder is starting to set in. Should be here in less than 2 weeks now- HPWC is scheduled for install the 10th.

Got an e-mail from my DS yesterday- she says I can expect the car to enter production this week- of course this means Tesla will want their money now... The reality of buying this technological wonder is starting to set in. Should be here in less than 2 weeks now- HPWC is scheduled for install the 10th.

Just wait until you make the fist couple of payments.....it's painful.

talking about timing! this morning i was looking at this thread saying the same about myself. my status is still "sourcing for parts", and it's scheduled for delivery on june 27th. anyhow, i got a call this morning asking if i can take delivery 1 week earlier!?! unfortunately, i cant because i'll be out of town for work. with that said, i don't think tesla is religiously updating those status!

talking about timing! this morning i was looking at this thread saying the same about myself. my status is still "sourcing for parts", and it's scheduled for delivery on june 27th. anyhow, i got a call this morning asking if i can take delivery 1 week earlier!?! unfortunately, i cant because i'll be out of town for work. with that said, i don't think tesla is religiously updating those status!
It depends on where you live. It should be roughly 1 week in production and prep, and in my case, another week to deliver to Michigan. Based on what my DS said, it sounds like mine will go into production tomorrow. So, even if you live on the east coast and delivery is pushed up to June 20th, I'm guessing the earliest it would go into production would be Thursday.

Entered Production last Thursday - Production Complete Yesterday! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Wow, these guys are fast!

Hoping the Electrician (or someone like him) gets out to my place soon!

Same here Ghost, production completed on mine yesterday. Looks like our two cars will be making the trip to Minneapolis together. I'm picking mine up next Wednesday morning from the MSP SC!! I'm like a kid waiting for Santa!