Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still Waiting on Holiday Release Part 2 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m to a point where I don’t expect any “Part 2” of the holiday release. Musk is a hype man and routinely either lies or overcommits on things. I don’t trust really anything he says regarding timelines because he clearly has no clue

I honestly think there is no holiday release part 2, it was all talk to boost 2020 sales numbers. Elon and Tesla havn’t made a mouse’s fart of noise on this topic again

I honestly think there is no holiday release part 2, it was all talk to boost 2020 sales numbers. Elon and Tesla havn’t made a mouse’s fart of noise on this topic again

I’m guessing it’s all hands on deck for the software updates related to the S/X refresh. That’s a much bigger change than it looks on the surface - entirely new computer system for starters.

So we’ll benefit from the fruits of that labor at some point. I expect them to do an “aha” moment when those vehicles launch - we already know there’s UI changes coming for it.

Why wouldn’t they save any big features and include it as part of that launch?

It’d be the smart play.

FM’s still pretty good here in the NY metro area. That said - I’d prefer an AM tuner for exactly one station: 1010 WINS. It’s the most perfect form of news ever invented. No spin, just facts. When all else fails - storms, disasters, ruthless attacks — there’s always 1010 WINS.

I can replay hours and hours and hours of these archives in my head. Exactly where I was, what I saw and when it happened.

1010 WINS 9-11 AUDIO ARCHIVE

Geez, take it easy....you work there?

Personally, WBBM/Chicago is the best no frills, no personality, just the facts news radio station in the nation. No banter, no editorializing (even the weather) and no rah-rah when they report sports scores at :15 and :45.

WTOP/Washington DC is the exact opposite. I had enough when I heard "seasonal decorating tips."

It's a moot point. Most, if not all of these AM stations are now simulcast on FM, or you can get them on Tune In.

Reactions: AaronP85
Unfortunately, it feels like Tesla is a side hustle for him at this point. While Space X is great and important, it seems like that's what has the majority of his focus. I've learned to take any timeline related to Tesla with a grain of salt. Feel bad for the people that had to front so much money for their Roadster that went form 2020 to TBD

I have to agree. Elon is a genius, but he's spread too thin. I'm moving more to a mindset where the car is just like any other car - pretty much fixed functionality except for some minor improvements released OTA. I went from expecting FSD soon, to hoping we'd get it eventually, to realizing it will never happen with the current hardware. He can blame it on regulators, but in reality, it's not anywhere close to getting it even considered by regulators. Hopefully when that becomes apparent, FSD buyers will get some money back.

So the updates are few and far between now and just bug fixes. No fire emojis. In hindsight, it was pretty telling that the best they could do for a holiday release was a fart loudspeaker. And whatever happened with the Cybertruck update?

Geez, take it easy....you work there?

Personally, WBBM/Chicago is the best no frills, no personality, just the facts news radio station in the nation. No banter, no editorializing (even the weather) and no rah-rah when they report sports scores at :15 and :45.

WTOP/Washington DC is the exact opposite. I had enough when I heard "seasonal decorating tips."

It's a moot point. Most, if not all of these AM stations are now simulcast on FM, or you can get them on Tune In.

Haha no, not even close to my industry. I’m just tired of what passes for “news” these days. Most of it is a dumpster fire, that’s all.

The FM simulcast is great and what I use in both the 3 & X. TuneIn, well, that I won’t count on. I want something I can use during SHTF (stuff hits the fan) moments. No way would I rely on anything streaming in those moments.

Sadly, that seems to happen here a little too often - about once a decade. ‘93 WTC bombing, 9/11, 2003 blackout, Hurricane Sandy ... etc.

Now that I look back, I was in my car for ALL of those above. Holy crap, I’m unlucky. And holier crap, I’m old.

• Funny
Reactions: ml0204 and Lexdysic