TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Strange icon on dashboard / warning sign regenerative braking

Discussion in 'Belgium and the Netherlands' started by mrfra62, Sep 25, 2018.

1. mrfra62

mrfra62 Member

Sometimes I get a weird warning icon when regenerative braking; see attached image. I have called support and they said there was nothing wrong with my car, so I dont have to be concerned about that warning. However, a warning is still a warning and if not inportant why give warning ? So can anyboday tell me what this icon means and if I should undertake any action ? Can I solve it myself ? Should I have the car serviced ? Is it indeed as harmless as support says it is ?
    Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

Seeing as you're at 4°C, I suspect it's because the battery isn't fully warmed up and thus regenerative braking will be limited until it is.

3. gelden

gelden Well-Known Member

This indicates limited regenerative breaking. Can be caused by the low temperature, but also happens when the battery is near 100% full. It shows the warning so that you know that you might have to use the breaks, as the cars slows down less on re-gen.

4. Xfrank

Xfrank Well-Known Member

the only strange symbol I can see, is the red arrow

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 1
  5. Limbo2121

Limbo2121 Active Member

I had it too last night when departing at an airport. Too cold. It lasted for a few meters only.

6. Firebird

Firebird Active Member

... and when it becomes colder, de dial sign will change in a dotted line meaning the regen value is lower or not available at all...

7. SeBsZ

SeBsZ Vendor

Yup, completely normal. It's related to the cold. Indicates limited regenerative braking. (Not breaking!). I do think they should add a friendly informative message informing the driver what this means though.

8. mrfra62

mrfra62 Member

I'm not quite sure if that issue is temperature related. Or related to how full the battery is. I had the same in summertime way over the 25's celsius driving on the highway with about 70 % charge. And I didnt get the warning today with same temp as yesterday and even less charge then yesterday. And also yesterday the warning popped up after I have driven for about 10 minutes and not immediately after depart. Though I am conviced that this warning relates to regenerative braking andall your answer sound plausible, they dont concur with my experience.

And @Xfrank: the red arrow is meant to indicate the warning icon and to avoid replies like "What icon do you mean ? or Do you have a picture to show the warning or what you mean ? etc" I was only illustrating the issue. So if you cant make an appropriate contribution to this, dont contribute at all !

9. Xfrank

Xfrank Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

• Funny x 3
  10. mrfra62

mrfra62 Member

The issue still persists. Anybody some usefull tips on this ?

11. questa

questa Member

Do you see this icon permanently?

12. e-Rik

e-Rik Member

Relax ouwe. Je mag al blij zijn dat je in het Engels antwoord krijgt op het BE/NL deel van het forum.

• Like x 3
    • Love x 1
  13. mrfra62

mrfra62 Member

@e-Rik . Het was een test om te kijken of je het Engels begrijpt. :D Het gebruik van Engels op dit forum vergroot alleen de kans op een bruikbaar antwoord. Voor het geval dat ook niet Nederlanders/Belgen de vraag lezen en er wel iets zinnigs over kunnen zeggen.

@questa . Nee icoontje is niet permanent. Maar verschijnt de ene keer een maal de andere keer drie keer per trip. Geen touw aan vast te knopen en ook niet vast te stellen welke factoren deze warning triggeren. Een keer bij het remmen een ander keer bij continue snelheid. Temperatuur maakt ook niks uit. Het icon is tussen de twee en vijf seconden zichtbaar en verdwijnt dan weer.

14. SeBsZ

SeBsZ Vendor

Dacht dat dit al beantwoord is. Het icoontje verschijnt als de gele stippellijn net verschenen is of verdwenen is, of soms als de gele stippellijn veranderd . Niks ernstigs verder, het dient alleen om uw aandacht te richten op de gele stippellijn en dat het remgedrag anders is dan u zou verwachten. Hij verschijnt ook aan de bovenkant als het vermogen is gelimiteerd. Na een tijdje verdwijnt het icoontje.

Is daarmee uw vraag beantwoord?

15. mrfra62

mrfra62 Member

@SeBsZ Dat van die stippellijn had ik gemist. Ik zal daar eens op gaan letten. Bedankt.

16. questa

questa Member

In ieder geval is op de foto te zien dat het icoon wordt getoond zonder stippellijn. Zo heb ik hem pas 1 keer gezien op mijn dashboard.

17. SeBsZ

SeBsZ Vendor

Zoals ik zei zie je het icoon ook als de stippellijn net weg is. Ik moet er ook bij zeggen dat ik hem ook eens zonder stippellijn heb gezien, dit komt dan doordat de UI pas bij een bepaalde "waarde" stippellijn gaat tekenen. Het kan zijn dat het icoontje dan alsnog getoond wordt. Dit laatste is speculatie, maar het is voor mij aannemelijk. Het komt bij mij alleen voor als ik 100% heb geladen of als het koud is (<~18gr)

18. pvkeep

pvkeep Paul van Keep

Hier op net Nederlandstalige deel van het forum is de voertaal Nederlands. Dat is toch niet zo moeilijk? Soms komt er een buitenlander langs die we dan in zijn of haar taal te woord proberen te staan. Maar als je het Engels niet echt goed beheerst kun je het maar beter niet proberen. Scheelt weer wat ergernis en gezeur.

• Like x 1
  19. Dr_ScienceBI

Dr_ScienceBI Member

Hi,
    I live in the Seattle, WA area and just returned from some cycling tours in Europe, where it was fairly warm. I turned the indoor temps up to 72 and noticed the same icon referred to above. Honestly, it was not that cold outside - I just wimped out.
    Wonder if that icon shows you that there's some resistive heating going on?

Bob

20. mfmvdsande

mfmvdsande Member

Hmmm dat had ik vandaag. Met nog 25% in de batterij en met de temperatuur van 26 graden.
    Iemand een idee hoe dit kan. Merkte bij vol optrekken daarvoor ook al dat hij zijn ‘pit’ kwijt was... later inderdaad spontaan verdwenen... Iets om mee naar de SeC te moeten of ff aanzien??