Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange Prank - Dollar Bill in Charge Port?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to figure out what this means. When I opened my charge port to my Model Y this evening I found a dollar bill stuck in there. I checked the Sentry recording and sure enough when I was out shopping some guys stuck a dollar bill in there, waved at the camera, and walked off. From the footage It looked like they were putting dollar bills into other Teslas nearby as well.

I mean, I guess I'm glad it wasn't anything nasty. But I'm kind of at a loss to figure out the meaning here. Has anyone seen this before? 🤷‍♂️

May be some king of prank to make you going outside of your car to check your charging port after looking at your Sentry recording?

Note: "some guys stuck a dollar bill in there, waved at the camera, and walked off. From the footage"

I wonder if one of them was recording the action and then would also try to record the reaction​
of a Tesla driver discovering a Dollar bill, to make a Youtube or Instagram video of it, just for fun?​
Can you share some images of your Sentry recording?​

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Oil Freedom
May be some king of prank to make you going outside of your car to check your charging port after looking at your Sentry recording?

Note: "some guys stuck a dollar bill in there, waved at the camera, and walked off. From the footage"

I wonder if one of them was recording the action and then would also try to record the reaction​
of a Tesla driver discovering a Dollar bill, to make a Youtube or Instagram video of it, just for fun?​
Can you share some images of your Sentry recording?​

It didn’t look like they were recording. It’s so weird! I mean I guess I’ll take the dollar!

IMG_8562.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Oil Freedom
I'm trying to figure out what this means. When I opened my charge port to my Model Y this evening I found a dollar bill stuck in there. I checked the Sentry recording and sure enough when I was out shopping some guys stuck a dollar bill in there, waved at the camera, and walked off. From the footage It looked like they were putting dollar bills into other Teslas nearby as well.

I mean, I guess I'm glad it wasn't anything nasty. But I'm kind of at a loss to figure out the meaning here. Has anyone seen this before? 🤷‍♂️

Were you outside a strip club? Maybe he was just confused