Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Successfully selling acceleration boost to my wife.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was my quick experience I wanted to pass on.
For context, very happily married for 30 years and my wife is the financial guru because she is amazing with that.
Step one, bought the boost and drove it and absolutely loved it. Went home...
Me: Hey babe, bought the boost. (calmly, factually)
Her: Let me guess, you love it. Don't tell me that, I don't want to know.
Me: It's amazing.
Her: Oh, do we still have 48 hrs if we don't like it?
Me: Yes, let's go you need to drive it.
Got in car, she is driving around neighborhood for 30 sec.
Her: Feels the same to me.
Me: I SAY NOTHING (took me 30 years to know when to shut up)
A min later after small talk
Her: I don't get it because it was fast before, I mean two THOUSAND
Me: I SAY NOTHING (30 years it has taken me)
A minute later we are sitting at highway entrance happily chatting about random stuff.
Her: You know I'm gonna be pissed if only you can tell the difference
Me: NOT A WORD...NOTHING (30!!!)
Accelerates onto highway
Her: Oh my God we have to keep this. OMG how are you supposed to not go to jail in this?...
The End. No argument. Happy wife, happy life. Good luck with your experience.

Honestly the MYLR is so much faster stock than anything I have ever had I have zero urge to get the acceleration boost. I actually keep it on chill almost 95% of the time to keep my range up.
You...should definitely not get it ;) and I'm glad you are saving the money. The non-boost is still very very impressive. I on the other hand actually forgot chill mode existed so...

• Funny
Reactions: EVnut and LwlPeak
Personally I plan on the Boost 50 (half the price) or if I get lucky the Ghost from Ingenext. I would almost get it just so rear seat passengers can control their own seat heaters... absolutely insane that someone in the front has control of rear seat heaters.

Keith

Reactions: Dogeftw
Personally I plan on the Boost 50 (half the price) or if I get lucky the Ghost from Ingenext. I would almost get it just so rear seat passengers can control their own seat heaters... absolutely insane that someone in the front has control of rear seat heaters.

Keith
I read something about that where it was detected and something on the display wouldn't go away. The other features besides the power boost look really cool. I haven't seen much talk about it here so thought maybe it was a banned topic or something.

It was definitely interesting to read about but I'll be the first to admit, I am paranoid about warranty issues. I just to work for a large manufacturer and got my foot in the door as an engineer adjudicating warranty claims. Give Tesla's "don't give a rat's butt about customers" attitude, I can't see how a warranty claim would ever be given the benefit of the doubt with them. Maybe you'd get luck, but I'll be cautious.

I even bought the MY over the M3 so towing would never be an issue (my wife likes the larger salon too). I doubled down and went with the factory hitch to further reduce chances of warranty issues. Not to mention at least you get the software option for towing too.

This was my quick experience I wanted to pass on.
For context, very happily married for 30 years and my wife is the financial guru because she is amazing with that.
Step one, bought the boost and drove it and absolutely loved it. Went home...
Me: Hey babe, bought the boost. (calmly, factually)
Her: Let me guess, you love it. Don't tell me that, I don't want to know.
Me: It's amazing.
Her: Oh, do we still have 48 hrs if we don't like it?
Me: Yes, let's go you need to drive it.
Got in car, she is driving around neighborhood for 30 sec.
Her: Feels the same to me.
Me: I SAY NOTHING (took me 30 years to know when to shut up)
A min later after small talk
Her: I don't get it because it was fast before, I mean two THOUSAND
Me: I SAY NOTHING (30 years it has taken me)
A minute later we are sitting at highway entrance happily chatting about random stuff.
Her: You know I'm gonna be pissed if only you can tell the difference
Me: NOT A WORD...NOTHING (30!!!)
Accelerates onto highway
Her: Oh my God we have to keep this. OMG how are you supposed to not go to jail in this?...
The End. No argument. Happy wife, happy life. Good luck with your experience.
A very similar scenario went down between the wife and I after I purchased the boost. We don’t have 30 years of experience, but we have known each other since high school.
She too was unconvinced until the freeway on-ramp.
She still wasn’t (as) happy but she just said “You work hard every day, you deserve to treat yourself”..
So.. still happy (ish) wife, happy life... just a lot less fingernails leftover. (I thought she was going to dog house me immediately.)

Reactions: Flightgamer
By the way, chill mode won't magically extend range. It limits the power you can get to around 200hp instead of 300+ and remaps that power to the whole pedal travel. You can do the same by pressing softer on the accelerator in normal mode :) Saying it differently, you're preventing yourself from having access to all the car's power.

but hey, if you prefer it that way, use chill mode.

Reactions: EVnut