Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden Loss of connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Daily commute area, good 4 g coverage as usual and suddenly lost connectivity, first time ever..
Mcu2 4g
Anyone else having issues this afternoon ? Happened suddenly about 3.30pm GMT.

Tried doing a foot on brake and hold down scroll wheels, not fixed.

Model S 85 20214

Reactions: DenkiJidousha
Forgot to say, I have free unlimited connectivity. Since Mcu2 upgrade, netflix seems to place me in NL, guessing it must be a Dutch sim they use.
Still nothing, total loss of connectivity, really frustrating.

No outages reported here although a few API timeouts which is not unusual as the car was parked in a semi-underground car park with poor mobile signal. A drive that took place (started 16:28) during the above 15:18 - 16:55 outage was fully captured.

As far as I am aware, UK SIM.

Pleased to see this thread. I thought we might have damaged the LTE antenna this afternoon as the passenger door mirror got knocked whilst we were out and it seemed to coincide with the sudden loss of data connection. Was a really weird issue though. The satellite mapping disappeared and there was no Spotify. I set up a hotspot which recovered that, and started playing music. I turned off the hotspot, at which point the mapping disappeared as we drove, but the music continued uninterrupted. The LTE indicator was greyed out with a line through. It seems to have recovered LTE connectivity tonight again.