Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions for Elon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the most useful update would be a 360 degree view and blind spot detection with a chime/open camera in screen.

Good to have:
1. Child lock controls for each side of rear doors (it's either both or none).
2. Answer/Decline calls from steering controls (I miss this a lot)
3. Options to choose multiple routes in navigation

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
The recent Bluetooth phone priority feature is great, but if we could have the internal camera use face recognition to determine whether my wife or myself is driving and prioritise from this would be an improvement. It could also set seats, mirrors and steering wheel from facial recognition

Reactions: NY_Rob
The recent Bluetooth phone priority feature is great, but if we could have the internal camera use face recognition to determine whether my wife or myself is driving and prioritise from this would be an improvement. It could also set seats, mirrors and steering wheel from facial recognition

@Brianhc23 actually even better: what if the outside cameras could recognize which person is walking up toward the driver's door and set the profile correspondingly?

Need better parts availability and distribution. No Vin needed parts should be orderable through the store saving Tesla labor hours at their service centers while also vastly improving customer service experience. I've had 5 experiences ordering parts:
1) trailer hitch - 3 months, multiple service calls cancelled
2) Brake controller pigtail plug for MY. SCs unable to order for MY only MX, even though it says no VIN and owners manual says it's included. After trying for 2 months I drove to another SC to buy one for 4 bucks.
3) Homelink-congrats, took less than 2 weeks because it is store orderable
4) MY hitch cover--went to SC to order an extra one. Chastised for not having an appt,, waited 30 min with only one other customer in building the whole time, gave up and left.
5) TPMS-ordered four almost 3 weeks ago and still waiting. Proprietary, overpriced and unavailable. Every car company needs a reasonable availability of basic parts or allow for aftermarket to fill the void.
Another issue is that SC ordered parts do not generate any shipping info to customer wasting time for both customer and SC employees as the customer has to continually check if parts have arrived.

I’d like my cell phone voice commands to be improved. If the system is unsure as to which contact to dial, it should then audibly offer a few contacts options to choose from (my Chevy Volt and Honda Pilot do). I could then verbally respond...and the phone number can then be dialed. Easy-peesie.

When I am in my Chevy Volt or VW Touareg, my voice commands go directly to the contact and phone number. Rarely an issue. Maybe once every 15 commands. If that. With the MY, it seems to always be confused as to which contact I want...and whether I want the home number or cell number (despite my specific command to call “Jane Doe on mobile” or “call Jane Doe at home”). This causes me to constantly take my eyes off the road to look at the screen and touch whichever contact is displayed (half the times it displays the wrong contact altogether).

For improved efficiency: part time AWD when on highway by disengaging front motor and re-engaging when 'slip detected' or hard acceleration, or part time AWD while on Chill mode.
That would be less efficient actually. That's why the RWD versions have shorter ranges. It's always a part time AWD anyway. The car supplies power in the most efficient manner possible to each motor not just splitting it 50/50.

Reactions: laservet
Some have been mentioned but:
1. 360-degree view camera
2. real AM radio (not streamed)
3. heated steering wheel (this should be a given)
4. better range (or at least, achieve range advertised!)
5. option to play video from phone on screen (when in park)
These should all be standard features considering what we pay for the car