Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon and FSD require more camera calibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a new 2024 Model Y with about 80 miles on it and on "Cruise Control" yesterday, it went through a stop sign. Granted, this is back road driving. How much longer do I need to wait fo sit all to be calibrated?
It only took like 30 miles to calibrate for auto pilot but FSD calibration took 400-500 miles

Cruise control doesn’t stop for stop signs, only FSD

Last edited:
Do you mean TACC? Does that even stop for lights and stop signs?
This thread is about FSD, not regular AP.

I got another M3 RWD in December '23 that came with a 3 months FSD trial. It took more than a week before FSD was finally available. Took me less than a week to turn it off for good, but that's another story.
AP, however, only took a few miles before it became available. Seems to be a normal thing for FSD to take much longer.

It only took like 30 miles to calibrate for auto pilot but FSD calibration took 400-500 miles

Cruise control doesn’t stop for stop signs, only FSD
Well, I may be misusing terms. We set our Teslas up with one stalk down for cruise control and 2 stalks down for Auto Pilot (which includes Lane Assist). I never had issue with my Model 3---but it was 4 years ago and I can't remember how long it took to calibrate.

Well, I may be misusing terms. We set our Teslas up with one stalk down for cruise control and 2 stalks down for Auto Pilot (which includes Lane Assist). I never had issue with my Model 3---but it was 4 years ago and I can't remember how long it took to calibrate.
If your able to use autopilot then it is already calibrated, it won’t let you use it if it’s not

Reactions: Jane4