Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon and FSD require more camera calibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It only took like 30 miles to calibrate for auto pilot but FSD calibration took 400-500 miles

Cruise control doesn’t stop for stop signs, only FSD
400-500 miles?? I've recalibrated cameras many times and the fulll calibration usually takes about 10-15 miles. I always drive on interstate highways when I calibrate because the lanes are well-marked.

Reactions: Dewg
Well, I may be misusing terms. We set our Teslas up with one stalk down for cruise control and 2 stalks down for Auto Pilot (which includes Lane Assist). I never had issue with my Model 3---but it was 4 years ago and I can't remember how long it took to calibrate.
Neither TACC nor AP stops for stop signs. You need FSD to do so. Your old car may have had FSD on it.

Reactions: Jane4
400-500 miles?? I've recalibrated cameras many times and the fulll calibration usually takes about 10-15 miles. I always drive on interstate highways when I calibrate because the lanes are well-marked.
Yea don’t know why it took so long was about 7 days of work commute

It got to 90% calibration pretty fast then the last 10% took forever for FSD

Perhaps some cars have their cameras more out of whack than others.
May also be road conditions. I know that my recalibration is quick, likely because I'm in multi-lane freeways that are well marked. I pick the center lane, and keep my distance from cars as best I can. My recalibration only takes about 7-10 miles (including FSD Beta). But, there was a time I recalibrated, but ended up leaving the freeway and going on surface streets, many with 2 lanes, and some with poorer markings. The calibration was much slower. I recall that I ended up cancelling the recalibration and just going back to the freeway and restarting it.

Reactions: Supcom
You must be lucky and never had a camera or windshield replaced. I'm on my thrid windshield on my M3 and both my Teslas have had a repeater camera replaced.
That is the "everything is bigger" in TX problem. Even road debris is bigger. 🤪 🤣

I have a 2019 AWD Model 3 and the ONLY real service I have had was the drivers power seat stop going forward. Too bad it keep going backwards.:oops: