Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon direction button location in app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may be one of the trivial threads around here...

But I was just wondering how does Tesla determine the position of the dumb Summon direction buttons within the app? I've seen them separated by the little car render (the forward button on the front of the car and reverse button on the back of the car), but in other cases the buttons are together in the back of the car.

I can't seem to determine if it's Model S/X 3/Y dependent, or country dependent, or car software version dependent, or phone brand/OS dependent, or app version dependent. :confused:

Tesla-Enhanced-Summon-4.jpg
Screenshot_20200525-075701_Tesla.jpg

Back story: Since the day Tesla gave us dumb and smart Summon, my direction buttons on the app have always been, one on the front of the little car and one on the back, but a few days ago I installed software version 2020.16.2.1, and the Summon direction buttons moved together to the back of the render of my car. Same app version, same phone, same car, the only thing that changed was the software version of the car.

I must add that everything works exactly the same regardless of the position of the direction buttons, it's just an aesthetic change, but we all know that with Tesla, nothing is what it seems...

Where are your buttons positioned? :D

MS 75D 11/2018 , Car version 2020.16.2.1, App version 3.10.5 and the buttons have always been at the rear of the car picture in the App.

Oh and BTW: here in NL it’s ‘dumb and dumb summon’. There’s nothing smart to it. Never worked and probably never will.

• Funny
Reactions: DavidB
It's a failure to recognize Europe vs US setup. It happens from time to time in Europe, that you get the other screen (US) and you don't need to hold the buttons to move the car.

Interesting...

Seeing how varied the responses were for vehicles in the US and the Nederlands, and since you mentioned Europe... it got me thinking about the "Require Continuous Press" setting in the car's Summon menu.

So I got in my car and I clicked on Autopilot settings, then Customize Summon, and I saw that "Require Continuous Press" was set to "Yes", which I remember turning it off since I got the car. Opened the app on my phone, and there they were... back in their previous up and down location. The continuous press setting must have been resetted during the update to 2020.16.2.1.

Case closed.

Thanks everyone for your help!

• Informative
Reactions: DavidB