Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon on a steep incline..no go.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had some weather rolling into the area this week-end so I was going to roll the car into the warehouse while I was at work. The ramp into the warehouse is ~30 degree slope. Summon wouldn't operate up the ramp. Interesting.

I'm sure it's programmed to use only a tiny fraction of its available power in case it accidentally runs into someone or something during the summon process to minimize any damage. People also often have trouble if they have a small lip between their garage and driveway. Climbing the incline probably requires more power than it's allowed to have.

Reactions: TXcharge
Isn't the limit for the 'lip' supposed to be 1"? I thought I read that in the manual... I didn't get a chance to try out Summon in the time we had our demo car, but we have a somewhat-sloped driveway and a lip, and if we're to fit an X and a 3 in the garage, Summon may be the only way! I hope advances have it handling more sloped driveways, perhaps the way you can tell it to disregard tight spaces to an extent.

Isn't the limit for the 'lip' supposed to be 1"? I thought I read that in the manual... I didn't get a chance to try out Summon in the time we had our demo car, but we have a somewhat-sloped driveway and a lip, and if we're to fit an X and a 3 in the garage, Summon may be the only way! I hope advances have it handling more sloped driveways, perhaps the way you can tell it to disregard tight spaces to an extent.
We have a one inch driveway to garage transition and the car will not 'summon' in unless the front wheels are in the garage already. The rear wheels also pause but eventually it goes in.

We have a one inch driveway to garage transition and the car will not 'summon' in unless the front wheels are in the garage already. The rear wheels also pause but eventually it goes in.
Which seems not in compliance.... it should handle one inch. The slope (whatever that limit really is), could also be a factor.

Summon is unlikely to operate as intended in the following types of situations:
• The road is sloped. Summon is designed to operate on flat roads only.
• Summon has detected a raised concrete edge when moving forward into the parking location.
Summon does not drive forward over an edge that is higher than approximately 1" (2.5 cm)