Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon - Unable to connect to your vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my P90D yesterday and the summon feature was working. As of this morning, it stopped working mysteriously. Whenever I open the app on my phone and go to the summon screen, it says says "Connecting to vehicle" and then goes to "Unable to connect to your vehicle". I can press the reconnect button until I turn blue in the face, but it keeps giving the same error. I've tried it at home and at work as well as having the car on wifi. Oddly enough, all the other remote control features (controls - lock, unlock, honk, flash, climate, etc) still work perfectly and it shows me the charge/range, so it is NOT a connectivity issue with the car.

I've also tried toggling the remote management as well as summon on/off a couple of times in the car itself to try and reset the connection.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to reset it?

I saw this exact same problem as of yesterday. It was working just fine for a while and now no matter what I do I get the "Unable to connect to your vehicle" while trying the summon function. All other functions work fine.

This happened to me at the local service center and it turned out to be caused by the car trying to connect to the local WiFi, but not having the password. Apparently since it was trying to use WiFi, it wasn't able to connect via LTE and therefore I wasn't able to connect via the app.

• Informative
Reactions: FarmerDave