Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Super Heavy/Starship - General Development Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oops, just found a more recent video, from July 21.

In that video there is a brief shot of 3 large red Kuka manufacturing robots arriving on a flatbed semi. Obviously Elon wants to automate Super Heavy/Starship manufacturing as much as possible to decrease cost and speed up production.

Also shown is the High Bay building under construction and a Raptor engine being moved around outdoors using a forklift.

@elonmusk
"Starship SN5 just completed full duration static fire. 150m hop soon."
Woo hoo! Great news. I’ve been hoping that SpaceX is not having pandemic-related problems at Boca Chica, since things in Texas are pretty bad right now. Hope all the employees there are healthy and staying safe.

This is the latest I can find from BocaChicaGal. I cannot find any video of the SN5 static fire.

Last edited:
EeM33_KU8AAnfzU.jpg

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1288935356310552576

Seeing that photo makes me want more information about all those tanks shown on the right. Do all the same-colored tanks hold the same stuff; O2 or RP-1? If so, why so many different size tanks and why are the dark tanks all vertical and almost all the white tanks horizontal (except one)? And why such a seemingly disorganized layout?
I don't know most of the answers you are looking for, but I'm pretty sure none of them hold RP-1, given that Raptor uses Methane.