Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Super Heavy/Starship - General Development Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I saw the references to them attaching 29 engines in one night[1].

Is this in addition to the 3 center gimbaling engines for a total of 32?

[1] Which is amazing![2]
[2] I wonder if that includes getting them all plumbed up and wired?

This version will only have 29 total. They are still doing design iterations as they build.

Reactions: scaesare and mongo
So, I saw the references to them attaching 29 engines in one night[1].

Is this in addition to the 3 center gimbaling engines for a total of 32?

[1] Which is amazing![2]
[2] I wonder if that includes getting them all plumbed up and wired?
Good questions.
BTW - I just watched the entire Max Headroom series last year. I wish I had done it 20 yrs earlier, but streaming wasn't here yet to make it so convenient.

E74epYyWQAIA027.jpg
E74epbIWUAU8t6l.jpg

Looks like a good strong breeze could be .. bad :D

There is something truly awesome to see actual engines actually all installed and clumped up like that. Very different from reading about it or seeing mockups / CGI.

I know that its easy for me - there are plenty of people suffering extreme hardship in the world - and yet I find myself thinking and believe what an amazing time to live in. I see the renewable energy economy sprouting (at least the first leaves have poked up out of the ground), usage of space instead of just visiting now and then is starting to look like it'll happen.

I expect to see "approximately zero marginal cost energy" in my life, to pair up with the "approximately zero marginal cost communication" that has come to be over the last 30 years (read - Internet).

What a wonderful world!

Looks like a good strong breeze could be .. bad :D

There is something truly awesome to see actual engines actually all installed and clumped up like that. Very different from reading about it or seeing mockups / CGI.

I know that its easy for me - there are plenty of people suffering extreme hardship in the world - and yet I find myself thinking and believe what an amazing time to live in. I see the renewable energy economy sprouting (at least the first leaves have poked up out of the ground), usage of space instead of just visiting now and then is starting to look like it'll happen.

I expect to see "approximately zero marginal cost energy" in my life, to pair up with the "approximately zero marginal cost communication" that has come to be over the last 30 years (read - Internet).

What a wonderful world!
Indeed, this is a cool shot:

1628016960671.png

Indeed, this is a cool shot:

View attachment 691630
I know that its completely necessary - I'm going to cry a little (lot) inside when these get discarded in the ocean as part of the testing and improvement process. That is a lot of high precision manufacturing and materials in there.

I wonder if it would be cost effective to drop these boosters in relatively shallow water, and then hoist them up, and send the metal for recycling. That's gotta be some very high quality mining there :)