Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharge app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi how's it going

So I'm pretty sure I saw an article a while back talking about a Tesla app where you can find other Tesla owners who allow you to use their chargers at their home?

Does anyone know what it's called?
Can't find it online anywhere, did I dream it up?

Cheers
Aaron

What you are describing is Plugshare. Its not a Tesla App, but a crowdsourcing app for finding charging locations and includes people sharing their home chargers. Its an app and web site...

Note that home chargers are not Superchargers...

Reactions: nwdiver
What you are describing is Plugshare. Its not a Tesla App, but a crowdsourcing app for finding charging locations and includes people sharing their home chargers. Its an app and web site...

Note that home chargers are not Superchargers...
Ahh I see, thanks so much for the speedy reply I appreciate it alot. In that case im surprised tesla doesnt have their own version of Plugshare for just homeowners chargers. Great way to meet new owners while passing through the suburbs

I live in a rural area, and the nearest Supercharger is 75 miles away, so I've listed my home HPWC on Plugshare for other Tesla folks who are in a pinch. There are other Level 2 chargers put in by the municipalities, so it's not a terrible shock that no one has ever asked to use my HPWC. Still, I like being part of the solution, and helping a fellow owner if the need arises.

So I'm pretty sure I saw an article a while back talking about a Tesla app where you can find other Tesla owners who allow you to use their chargers at their home?

Does anyone know what it's called?
Can't find it online anywhere, did I dream it up?

There was a UK-focussed scheme - TesLowJuice - Home | Teslowjuice which is probably what you are remembering.

you can find other Tesla owners who allow you to use their chargers at their home?

When I stay with friends I plug into their 13 AMP socket and get 5 MPH charging. Over a weekend that's a full battery ... if I'm there for less time its a handy additional charge.

At home using my dedicated charger I get 20 MPH. Anyone visiting who wanting to use it would need to bring a thick book to read! If I had 3-phase I could charge faster at home, but residential 3-Phase is a rare thing in the UK ... and monopoly-expensive to install.

Realistically my visitor would be better off with an L2 charger or better. Arriving at a Supercharger with SoC down at around 10% and they'd get 150 miles of range in a little over 30 minutes ...