Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Colorado Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang it...meant Walsenburg. Need to go to sand dunes!
Walsenburg was on the "Coming Soon" list for over 3 years before it was removed. That was very disappointing because, like you, I enjoy camping at Great Sand Dunes. On the bright side, however, the new Pueblo supercharger really helps out, at least for staying at Lathrop State Park in Walsenburg. Prior to that I had trouble making the round trip from Monument in my MX 75D, and had to use the local RV park to buy some 50 amp time.
It's not clear to me why Walsenburg was scrapped. I thought it might be a limitation on access to 3-phase, high voltage power, but a CCS charging station is now up and running in W-burg, so there's not an infrastructure problem.

Walsenburg was on the "Coming Soon" list for over 3 years before it was removed. That was very disappointing because, like you, I enjoy camping at Great Sand Dunes. On the bright side, however, the new Pueblo supercharger really helps out, at least for staying at Lathrop State Park in Walsenburg. Prior to that I had trouble making the round trip from Monument in my MX 75D, and had to use the local RV park to buy some 50 amp time.
It's not clear to me why Walsenburg was scrapped. I thought it might be a limitation on access to 3-phase, high voltage power, but a CCS charging station is now up and running in W-burg, so there's not an infrastructure problem.
Yea...makes me think it was a financial decision. Probably couldn't get any of the small businesses there to agree to their terms. I'm sure the business has to foot some of the bill since it drives traffic to their store.

FYI to everyone about the current springs charger. Saw this on local fb group so just sharing the info. After Jan 23, 2023 the garage chargers will no longer be available
1674093404578.png

Wow. Huge news. Potentially a big issue for many Telsa drivers.
The Tesla Find Us page does not say anything yet about this location. But, there is a new “Opening Q1 2023“ pin showing now (no location specified). I wonder if they are bringing in a megapack charger and will locate it nearby until a new permanent site is built?

Wow. Huge news. Potentially a big issue for many Telsa drivers.
The Tesla Find Us page does not say anything yet about this location. But, there is a new “Opening Q1 2023“ pin showing now (no location specified). I wonder if they are bringing in a megapack charger and will locate it nearby until a new permanent site is built?
I believe that dot is for the location on the North side of town, Supercharger - Colorado Springs, CO - 9297 Forest Bluffs View

I wonder if this was like another location where Tesla stopped paying the bills by mistake. Has anyone emailed the Tesla address? Let's see what they say since it's the ONLY Supercharger in the Springs... smh

I believe that dot is for the location on the North side of town, Supercharger - Colorado Springs, CO - 9297 Forest Bluffs View

I wonder if this was like another location where Tesla stopped paying the bills by mistake. Has anyone emailed the Tesla address? Let's see what they say since it's the ONLY Supercharger in the Springs... smh
Yep, thats the only one i know and most likely that the Pin on the Tesla Map is referring to that one. Though this is Tesla we are talking about, they will throw one up in seconds and BAM, it will show up on your map lol

Reactions: Matsayz
Not that big a deal imo. It was a poor location (pay garage in a city like CO Springs?!?) and through travelers are well served by Monument and Pueblo. The new CO Springs supercharger will open by summer and no one will remember this place.
I’ll remember it! It was my first Supercharger, bought in July 2019 when we lived in the Springs. I spent lots of time there because 120v just wasn’t cutting it sometimes.

I know it’s a dead horse but I still don’t get the hate for this location. We almost always parked here when we went down to Tejon for dinner/drinks/etc. I get it if you’re traveling but *sugar*, California has plenty of crappy charger locations that I’ve used (top of parking structures when it’s raining and you need to poo…).

I emailed the address but I'm not expecting a reply.

Farewell o’l friend!

I’ll remember it! It was my first Supercharger, bought in July 2019 when we lived in the Springs. I spent lots of time there because 120v just wasn’t cutting it sometimes.

I know it’s a dead horse but I still don’t get the hate for this location. We almost always parked here when we went down to Tejon for dinner/drinks/etc. I get it if you’re traveling but *sugar*, California has plenty of crappy charger locations that I’ve used (top of parking structures when it’s raining and you need to poo…).

I emailed the address but I'm not expecting a reply.

Farewell o’l friend!
2017/2018...I member when I had to pay with cash only to get in on the weekends...who carries $3 in singles??? Also, had to use it while towing with an MX one time...that was a mistake.

However, without this charger I would have never discovered The Skirted Heffer!

Not that big a deal imo. It was a poor location (pay garage in a city like CO Springs?!?) and through travelers are well served by Monument and Pueblo. The new CO Springs supercharger will open by summer and no one will remember this place.
Agreed that north-south I-25 travelers are fine. But, east-west travel on US-24 will be somewhat impacted. (people like me) And, there always seemed to be a constant flow of locals at this site.
I’d love to see a supercharger pop up in the Stratmoor area. I used the EA site there last time, but that only works for some Tesla owners, plus EA sites always have broken chargers, Walmart delivery e-vans, and deep charging ID.4s. :( Or, the First & Main area would be cool too.

Agreed that north-south I-25 travelers are fine. But, east-west travel on US-24 will be somewhat impacted. (people like me) And, there always seemed to be a constant flow of locals at this site.
I’d love to see a supercharger pop up in the Stratmoor area. I used the EA site there last time, but that only works for some Tesla owners, plus EA sites always have broken chargers, Walmart delivery e-vans, and deep charging ID.4s. :( Or, the First & Main area would be cool too.
Yea, kinda sad to see EA has double the amount of locations than Tesla does. Wish they would prioritize quality over quantity though.

How is Colorado Springs (2nd biggest city in Colorado) not going to have a supercharger in a few days??? This is 2023, not 2013.